"You Can Really Taste The Difference": Home Cooks Are Sharing Tiny Changes That Can Massively Improve Your Home Cooking (And They Take Almost No Effor

Olde Hornet

"You Can Really Taste The Difference": Home Cooks Are Sharing Tiny Changes That Can Massively Improve Your Home Cooking (And They Take Almost No Effort)​

Cooking is a game of learning. And if you cook often, you're probably constantly discovering new tricks, adjustments, and methods that make an enormous difference in the quality of your food. So Redditor u/CaptainWisconsin asked, "What extremely simple but often overlooked cooking tip/hack makes all the difference?" — and here's what people said.

1."For me, it’s mise en place. I get so stressed out easily when cooking and preparing and laying out my ingredients in advance really helps me."

2."Make sure to actually get the pan hot before putting food in it. Lots of flavor comes from the physical reactions between food and a hot pan or grill. For most things, if it doesn't hiss and sizzle when it goes into the pan, then you're cheating yourself out of huge concentrations of flavor."

Back