Yella!!! for real drum musicians

Yea dude is ill.

I marched with him from 97-99...He was section leader from 99 to 00 I believe.

He's responsible for the more articulate & clean version of the TOP as of to date.

As you can see the guy is crazy on the 'set'

Big Thunder,
Have you caught up with Daryl Minor out there in the ATL? I haven't seen or talk to him in quite some time. I was wondering what was going on with him lately.

Big Thunder,
Have you caught up with Daryl Minor out there in the ATL? I haven't seen or talk to him in quite some time. I was wondering what was going on with him lately.

:topic:
Not in a minute Blinky; I used to run across him at some of the metro band events, but I have not seen or heard from him in a while.

Probably for the same reason that I would have said it....meaning, I "thought" I was good,
but this guy makes me rething my thought, thus, I am "discouraged"....:lmao:

Oh I get it now LOL

Hey, Yella made alot of people feel discouraged in his day.

I recall hearing a story about when Alcorn went to PV I think in 00, & it rain out the bands so they were in a gym or something together. Anyway, the PV drummers came up to them with a challenge...they played some rudiments at him.

Yella then asked the guy to invert what ever rudiment he played, :uhoh:the guy attempted it, then Yella proceeded to show him what he meant...in a clean way.

The guy's response...................:cry:LOL

He's sick with them sticks.

Unique!! Brave I heard about that. Vito Williams told me about that incident at PV.

So I guess I'm not the only one who's heard the "LEGEND" of Yella:winkgrin:

Really though his legacy to me is how creative, clean & articulate the drum section at Alcorn is now.

Besides TxSu...I think they have some of the most difficult cadences....but none are smoother than TOP, esp. the snares

Yep he is KKPsi if that is what you are meaning.

My lil brother is a member of T.O.P and I think he still has some connections in Tx. If I find out something I'll hit you up on the PM

Yep he is KKPsi if that is what you are meaning.

My lil brother is a member of T.O.P and I think he still has some connections in Tx. If I find out something I'll hit you up on the PM

Hey, Brave, I appreciate that ! I will be on the look out for the PM.

Back