Wow - TxSu and Alcorn State Bands

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like after the 5th TxSu Band Director decided he wanted to play some more and did on the field. So Alcorn's band did the same and this occurred.

There should be no battles on the field after it's all said and done. Being too close to each can be dangerous.

Wow, this could've gotten REAL ugly. Bands should never be this close for obvious reasons. Wonder if the SWAC will impose any penalties on both bands.

I fault txsu's director. They gotta stop this bush league shat. It was funny at first back in the day when they chased Howard back to their band hall but its starting to become part of the culture there. Just get on the bus and go home

p.s. both bands sounded like crap in that video

Yea, that could have turned real nasty. I know Clarence was happy to be back home as head BD and as always we were glad to see him and the Ocean. But that was dangerous. #1 your band is way smaller plus you have at least a 1,000 fans standing around. I hope they don't try that again anywhere.

I fault txsu's director. They gotta stop this bush league shat. It was funny at first back in the day when they chased Howard back to their band hall but its starting to become part of the culture there. Just get on the bus and go home

I was just about to mention the year Lee had the Ocean to follow the Showtime band (Howard) back to their band room and challenge them. Me and my FAMU girlfriend and homeboys went up to that game. WHAT A WEEKEND!

B..bbb but according to big head Alcorn is going to give Southern better competition hahaha dude is a clown and every time he makes a comment about any band I can't do shit but laugh

Keep it in the stands and on the field. This generation can't control emotions, the directors should have know better than this.
The old generation couldn't either. Remember su fighting PV and Bama State band members getting knocked around by The BOOM in Birmingham?

The old generation couldn't either. Remember su fighting PV and Bama State band members getting knocked around by The BOOM in Birmingham?

Jay rob, I would agree with you. But even then on those run ins you described, they were not the old generation. The internet was in full effect and folks beefing. They may seem old generation now because it has been a decade and some change for some of those incidents. But remember they were Gen X folks. Old heads to me are now in their 40s and up. Not 30s. These cats are definitely more hot headed now. But they were not much better at the end of the 90s entering the 2000s either. They take this band stuff too damn far. It aint that serious. We had battles back then. Hell I remember Tn State band marching all the way over in front of SU band in 86 at the Liberty Bowl just to blow at us. We laughed it off. Now mofos want to fight. We used be on the same sidelines sometimes with other bands. Hate to see this kind of stuff.

I was just about to mention the year Lee had the Ocean to follow the Showtime band (Howard) back to their band room and challenge them. Me and my FAMU girlfriend and homeboys went up to that game. WHAT A WEEKEND!

LOL. I guess Lee had to show up his former employer. Surprised he did that. Lee is so mellow.

I remember that one. It was hilarious

I am speechless. I don't know how I missed that incident. Prof Lee on the attack huh? I bet Newsom who is a SU alum was like damn what up with that. Next time I see Kevin Washington I need to ask him about that one. He is still on staff up there. He was a Grad Assist my crab year at SU.

In the words of the late Dr.Isaac Greggs, there is a different between the 13th grade and those at an institution of higher learning.
Hear we go with yet another wise decision by a current band director concerning post season activity. smh...

Jay rob, I would agree with you. But even then on those run ins you described, they were not the old generation. The internet was in full effect and folks beefing. They may seem old generation now because it has been a decade and some change for some of those incidents. But remember they were Gen X folks. Old heads to me are now in their 40s and up. Not 30s. These cats are definitely more hot headed now. But they were not much better at the end of the 90s entering the 2000s either. They take this band stuff too damn far. It aint that serious. We had battles back then. Hell I remember Tn State band marching all the way over in front of SU band in 86 at the Liberty Bowl just to blow at us. We laughed it off. Now mofos want to fight. We used be on the same sidelines sometimes with other bands. Hate to see this kind of stuff.

Now this generation are fighting over who has the best dance line. When I was in the band, we couldn't wait to see the other bands dance lines. Watching those women dance were the best part of the show for us and we were on the sidelines getting an up and close view.

In the words of the late Dr.Isaac Greggs, there is a different between the 13th grade and those at an institution of higher learning.
Hear we go with yet another wise decision by a current band director concerning post season activity. smh...
Look within before looking without.

Back