Wimbledon 2022

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, time to call it quits for Serena?
Not just yet. Serena has not played in a year, so I did not expect much from her. Yes, she lost to an unseeded player in 3 sets, in a match that could have gone either way. But hell, unseeded Jule Niemeier just took out the #2 seed, Anett Kontaveit, in straight sets (6-4 6-0). Serena didn't get beat that bad.

Emma Raducanu, knocked out in the 2nd round Do yall think she is just a flash in the pan? I mean, she won the US Open last year and she has not done jackshit since.

Emma Raducanu, knocked out in the 2nd round Do yall think she is just a flash in the pan? I mean, she won the US Open last year and she has not done jackshit since.
Some of the women players seem to have a hard time after winning a major. Sloane has never recovered for example.

I will give her a through the end of the year to see how she recovers.

3 of men (seeded) have been knocked out of Wimbledon by Covid.

Some of the women players seem to have a hard time after winning a major. Sloane has never recovered for example.
I think you are absolutely correct. I think, and I maybe wrong, that Coco (who is only 18) losing in the finals of the French Open, could possibly be the best thing that could have happen to her. That loss should make her hungrier. Sometimes kids can get too good too soon.

I thought Venus had more or less retired. But I saw her today in the 1st round of mixed doubles. She and her partner Jamie Murry of Great Britain won their 1st round match.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
And I am sure it is not just me, but too often I find myself comparing Coco to Venus and Serena And that is totally unfair to Coco. She is just not there yet. When I am watching Coco play. I will be thinking to myself, Serena would not have tried that shot. Venus would't have done that. But anyway........

This is a good year for American men and women.

1 Woman and 1 Man made it to the round of 8 (Quarterfinals).
:clap:

Order of play for Tuesday:

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

Taylor Fritz could not beat an injured Rafa, after being up 2 - 0 in sets. Very sad. Rafa pulled out of the Men's semifinal.

Good Luck Cameron Norrie against Novak on Friday.

Weekend Tennis GIF by Wimbledon

Congratulations to Elena Rybakina. The power and accuracy came together in the second or third sets. I hope to see Ons back in a major final. She is trying to get girls in the Arab world to get into sports. I wish her much success.

Back