Why has Memphis' only HBCU seen a sudden surge in enrollment?





Their president, Christopher Davis, preached at my church a few Sundays ago. He is an outstanding preacher and serves as the pastor of a church in Memphis also. He has a genuine heart for people and service. During the winter months his church doubles as a homeless shelter.
I've crossed circles with Pastor Chris many times in all kinds of functions since residing in Memphis back in 98 (seminary, workshop for 1st time homebuyers, HBCU events, etc.).

Most recently, my daughter was part of a team that helped organize a downtown music event that featured an up and coming cat by the name of E.J. Jones (Gas Station Love). I get home, look at the video clip, and who do I see in the background singing behind E.J. noding his head? Pastor Chris...LOL

Yeah no doubt he has a heart for peeps in the area and service to them...

#muchrespect
 
Last edited:
Back
Top