Why Don't More Hbcu's

BISON-2K1

Offer night classes or IT based classes.It has done wonders for Satellite PWC's as far as enrollment and building their academic reputation.Smaller HBCU's in particular need to investigate this option.All of our brothers and sisters going to Strayer and Devry should be going to HBCU's.I would love to see our public HBCU's offering IT based classes and possibly some MBA and educational programs which are the fastest growing fields in the African American community.

It is a good question, and I agree with your assessment. The only answers that I can give right now are due to money and the lack of forsight of some HBCU administrators. It would be a good for a school to at least look into the idea.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You have to hire people who really want to do this. Most of the professors are not interested in this. If the President want to expland they come up with ways to get rid of him or her.
Now that is my inside short answer.

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
LOL@DTJ! Takin up your Small Talk space, huh?
:lmao:

No not really Black....I just know these are good topics that won't get good discussion over here....that is all.

I asked this question when I was an undergrad. I was given one reason MONEY.

The hbcu's don't want to divert money into programs like this. Old Administrators believe an investment like this would be a waste of funds.

Originally posted by pv_symbiotic

The hbcu's don't want to divert money into programs like this. Old Administrators believe an investment like this would be a waste of funds.

Why is this though? I don't think it would be a waste of money if you have the majority of students studying this.

lack of forward thinking

When most HBCUs were set up, they were done with specific vocations in mind. You were either doing agricultural or mechanical fields or education. Expansion came later and for good reason - because the needs of students and post-graduate world called for change. The leaders of HBCUs were forward-thinking enough to make changes.

That no longer seems to be the case. There are still some good things going on in different scientific research areas (probably because many of the students and professors in that area are non-Blac), but we need more thoughfulness in assessing and meeting needs. IT-related education should be a top priority these days.

Back