White Sox Ken Williams Blast "The Big Hurt"

I was :lol: at that interview when I saw it on ESPN yesterday. That was unprecedented. I also thought it was somewhat refreshing for a GM to tell the public 'how he really feels'. :lol: No sugar coating whatsoever. For a minute there I thought he'd cap it off with a "Fu-- Frank Thomas as far as I'm concerned" finish.

I don't know what went down in the White Sox clubhouse the last few years, but it's pretty obvious that Frank Thomas was no saint. You don't get that kind of emotion from people without there being some sort of precedent.

mighty hornet said:
Frank Thomas was an arsehole when he was at Auburn. Probably has continued being one during his pro career.

I was thinking that as well. There was no moment during that interview that I thought "this brother is wrong for this". Frank Thomas has always had an arrogant, uncooperative aire about him. Something seemed very natural about the GM's temperment during the interview. He had a "I tried my damnedest to accomodate this brother" anger/frustration on his face and in his voice.

mighty hornet said:
Frank Thomas was an arsehole when he was at Auburn. Probably has continued being one during his pro career.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Frank Thomas deserved it, he got out of pocket and Kenny put him in his place. I just think it's terribly dumb to come out and talk about folks that have sooooo much ammo to use on you.

He also said the the Management had loaned Frank money. This dude has made millions of dollars in his career, what in the heck did he need to borrow money for?:xeye:

Man he put Frank Thomas on BLAST. Made him his beyotch in public. GR believes that if Frank Thomas had been there at that moment, he would have whipped Franks ass. He had to have JUST gotten off the phone with or heard some more bad news about Frank in order to go off like that. That cat was one breath away from really going back to the hood on Franks ass. Whatever Frank did or said, you can bet your ass he wont do it any more.
Kudos to Williams....

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Frank Thomas deserved it, he got out of pocket and Kenny put him in his place. I just think it's terribly dumb to come out and talk about folks that have sooooo much ammo to use on you.

I totally agree with you. I am a fan of "The Big Hurt" but he had to piss this brother off. This brother was so angry seems like every other word was Bleeping.

That dude was STEAMED for real.

He was super pissed and let the world know it.

It made for great entertainment and I feel the brother. I just would hope that next time the brother stops to remember that he is the GM OF A WORLD CHAMPION FRANCHISE.

You got to keep your cool man. Especially as a black man in a position of power. It's easy to see how the 'angry UNPROFESSIONAL black man' label could be slapped on him behind this.

On another note, Why did he put Frank business about being broke or 'boring money' in the street like that. That was some funny *hit !!!!

DonTiger said:
That dude was STEAMED for real.

He was super pissed and let the world know it.

It made for great entertainment and I feel the brother. I just would hope that next time the brother stops to remember that he is the GM OF A WORLD CHAMPION FRANCHISE.

You got to keep your cool man. Especially as a black man in a position of power. It's easy to see how the 'angry UNPROFESSIONAL black man' label could be slapped on him behind this.

On another note, Why did he put Frank business about being broke or 'boring money' in the street like that. That was some funny *hit !!!!

I wondered the same thing! Frank must not know how to manage his money because he shouldn't be broke.

Frank should have been put on blast just like he was.Sometimes you have to take the gloves off.This franchise has been good to Frank.Why would he want to take shots at them?If he was arrogant in college,his being broke now just may be God's way of getting his attention.:fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart:

Back