MACHIAVELLI said:
LC Cole
Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Concordia University, St. Paul
275 Syndicate Street North
St. Paul, MN 55104
cole@csp.edu
651-603-6254

Yep, I 've seen him a couple of times since he's been up here. I expect him to make a return to the HC ranks soon.

He's on his way to Lane College to be DC. Johnnie was named Lane's HC yesterday. :winkgrin:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV505asuasstwj.htm

May 5, 2005

Former ASU assistant takes job at Lane

By Josh Moon
Montgomery Advertiser

COLE
Former Alabama State offensive coordinator Johnnie Cole was hired Wednesday as the head coach at Division II Lane College.

Lane is a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and is located in Jackson, Tenn. Cole takes over a Dragon program that went 2-9 last season.

"This is a great opportunity for me," Cole said Wednesday afternoon. "I'm lucky here because I've got a great president who's behind me and supports this team. We're going to do a lot of good things."

Attempts to reach Lane president Wesley McClure were unsuccessful Wednesday.

Cole was removed from his job at ASU in August 2001 after an internal investigation at the school allegedly turned up three NCAA violations he committed. He was never fired, but reached an agreement with the school that allowed him to be paid the remainder of his one-year contract if he left his position.

At this point, nearly three years later, the NCAA has yet to find Cole guilty of any wrongdoing.

Cole said his background was thoroughly checked by the administration at Lane.

"The president here said they put me under a microscope," Cole said. "It was funny. He said they couldn't find anything wrong with me but did notice quite a few parasites all around me, keeping me from moving forward.

"As far as the NCAA stuff goes, they checked all that out. From what they said, the NCAA didn't have a problem with me."

Cole said his first move as head coach would be to hire his brother, L.C. Cole, as defensive coordinator.

"That's a no-brainer," Johnnie said. "It's a family thing. He's hired me and I'm returning the favor. It's actually a heck of a deal for the school to get somebody like him."

L.C. Cole, who was fired by ASU after being accused of a long list of violations, has worked the past two years as the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach at Division II Concordia University in Minnesota.

"I've already informed (the people at Concordia) that I'm leaving," L.C. Cole said Wednesday afternoon. "I really didn't have a choice. Johnnie came to work with me twice and now I'm working with him."

Lane opens its seasons in Tuscaloosa against Stillman College on Sept. 3. The Dragons also play host to Tuskegee on Oct. 22.

Golden Kitten said:
He's on his way to Lane College to be DC. Johnnie was named Lane's HC yesterday. :winkgrin:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV505asuasstwj.htm

May 5, 2005

Former ASU assistant takes job at Lane

By Josh Moon
Montgomery Advertiser

COLE
Former Alabama State offensive coordinator Johnnie Cole was hired Wednesday as the head coach at Division II Lane College.

Lane is a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and is located in Jackson, Tenn. Cole takes over a Dragon program that went 2-9 last season.

"This is a great opportunity for me," Cole said Wednesday afternoon. "I'm lucky here because I've got a great president who's behind me and supports this team. We're going to do a lot of good things."

Attempts to reach Lane president Wesley McClure were unsuccessful Wednesday.

Cole was removed from his job at ASU in August 2001 after an internal investigation at the school allegedly turned up three NCAA violations he committed. He was never fired, but reached an agreement with the school that allowed him to be paid the remainder of his one-year contract if he left his position.

At this point, nearly three years later, the NCAA has yet to find Cole guilty of any wrongdoing.

Cole said his background was thoroughly checked by the administration at Lane.

"The president here said they put me under a microscope," Cole said. "It was funny. He said they couldn't find anything wrong with me but did notice quite a few parasites all around me, keeping me from moving forward.

"As far as the NCAA stuff goes, they checked all that out. From what they said, the NCAA didn't have a problem with me."

Cole said his first move as head coach would be to hire his brother, L.C. Cole, as defensive coordinator.

"That's a no-brainer," Johnnie said. "It's a family thing. He's hired me and I'm returning the favor. It's actually a heck of a deal for the school to get somebody like him."

L.C. Cole, who was fired by ASU after being accused of a long list of violations, has worked the past two years as the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach at Division II Concordia University in Minnesota.

"I've already informed (the people at Concordia) that I'm leaving," L.C. Cole said Wednesday afternoon. "I really didn't have a choice. Johnnie came to work with me twice and now I'm working with him."

Lane opens its seasons in Tuscaloosa against Stillman College on Sept. 3. The Dragons also play host to Tuskegee on Oct. 22.

I see old SU Chancellor Wesley McClure is at Lane. Interesting. He has definitely made his rounds. LC and JC should be okay. Ole Wesley will allow to do whatever they need too. ~snicker~

Back