When Utah beats Bama tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading a lot of excuses why Bama lost to Utah. Excuses like, the offense line was not at full strength, the Tide overachieved, roster was full of underclassmen and the defensive coordinator might be leaving.

All season I heard and read about how Bama football was back. Those cries got louder after the Tide rolled Georgia. Nick Saban was called a genius winning with a bunch of freshman on the roster.

Then before the Sugar Bowl Saban goes out and says Bama played in "a real conference."

Funny how things change.

Utah dominated Bama from jump to the end of the game. You can say the shuffling of the offensive line was a legit reason why the Tide lost.

However, the No.4 team in the nation, especially one that plays in the southeastern conference is supposed to be deeper than a team from the Mountain West don't you think?

They are supposed to have more talent, play a tougher schedule and have to fight and scratch for every yard and win.

But yet, there are holes in the Bama roster after losing to a team they were favored to beat by double-digits?

To me Nick Saban is no where near Pete Carroll when it comes to coaching or recruiting.

USC does not lose this game. The Trojans lost Joe McKnight in the second quarter of the Rose Bowl and finished the half on a 24-0 run against Penn State. Heck, they lost half of the defense from last year and had the No.1 unit in the nation.

The Tide loses their left tackle and John Parker Wilson was running for his life the whole game against a team called the Utes.

Bama might be better next year, but right now I think a lot of people, especially those who write for various Alabama newspapers, need to give Utah a little bit more respect for beating up the Tide.

kendrick are you serious. This is a second year Saban team coming off a losing season.... for them to have even been here is a miracle. With only 8 seniors and playing 16 TRUE freshman, you cant compare the two. The tide didnt just lose A offensive lineman... they lost the best offensive lineman in the nation, THEN his backup got hurt.

Dahill, please save all these excuses for Bama. Smith wouldn't have changed the outcome of that game. Utah is just better than Bama. They play 10 times, the Utes win 8. The mighty SEC got blasted by a Mountain West Conference team. Damn shame. Never even had a chance to win. :smh:

After all the posts on here about how great Bama was and how they were gonna roll (pun intended) all over Utah, now I see nothing but excuses. Now, they are too young, and Saban just got there. That didn't matter all season. Didn't even here all these excuses after Florida beat 'em. But now, they are too young. They didn't have daddies growing up. The man keeping them down. They don't own planes to fly the drugs in. Nothing but excuses.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Dahill, please save all these excuses for Bama. Smith wouldn't have changed the outcome of that game. Utah is just better than Bama. They play 10 times, the Utes win 8. The mighty SEC got blasted by a Mountain West Conference team. Damn shame. Never even had a chance to win. :smh:

After all the posts on here about how great Bama was and how they were gonna roll (pun intended) all over Utah, now I see nothing but excuses. Now, they are too young, and Saban just got there. That didn't matter all season. Didn't even here all these excuses after Florida beat 'em. But now, they are too young. They didn't have daddies growing up. The man keeping them down. They don't own planes to fly the drugs in. Nothing but excuses.

Rob.... I didnt say Bama lost because they were young... I said they are going to kick ass next year because of all the players they have returning. Bama played more freshman than any team in the country. Put Star Jackson at qb and Bama will do damage next year.

Wait a minute here I read and heard about the Florida vs Alabama game was the defacto national title game because the teams in the southeastern conference were just better than everyone else.

Now that Alabama loses to Utah the Tide was not as experienced or better than a team from the mountain west. LOL

Wait until Saban gets his players? Nobody was saying that when Bama beat Georgia and LSU or beat Clemson.

Nobody was saying that prior to the game with Florida or when Bama was No 1.

I thought the southeastern conference was supposed to have more talent than anyone else and played a tougher schedule than anyone else.

Now the great Nick Saban needs HIS players to beat Utah?

He did not need HIS players to beat Georgia who were preseason No.1.

You know Urban Meyer won the national tite in his second year right? Saban is in his second year at Bama....

Oh, and Meyer won a BCS bowl game with Utah. I believe Meyer also beat Saban for a trip to the national title game this season.

The six degrees of separation at its best.

I could understand if Bama lost to another BCS school in the Sugar Bowl, but these excuses do not fly with me after losing to a mountain west team.

You can say the offensive line was in shambles, but what about the defense? What about that Top 5 defense? All those cats seems healthy to me. I mean, don't that league play defense? Yet, Utah went through Bama like they were San Jose State last night. No excuse for that

And yes, Utah is the best team in the nation.

Last edited:
Wait a minute here I read and heard about the Florida vs Alabama game was the defacto national title game because the teams in the southeastern conference were just better than everyone else.

Now that Alabama loses to Utah the Tide was not as experienced or better than a team from the mountain west. LOL

Wait until Saban gets his players? Nobody was saying that when Bama beat Georgia and LSU or beat Clemson.

I thought the southeastern conference was supposed to have more talent than anyone else and played a tougher schedule than anyone else.

You know Urban Meyer won the national tite in his second year right? Saban is in his second year at Bama....

Oh, and Meyer won a BCS bowl game with Utah. I believe Meyer also beat Saban for a trip to the national title game this season.

I could understand if Bama lost to another BCS school in the Sugar Bowl, but these excuses do not fly with me after losing to a mountain west team.

You can say the offensive line was in shambles, but what about the defense? What about that Top 5 defense? All those cats seems healthy to me. I mean, don't that league play defense? Yet, Utah went through Bama like they were San Jose State last night. No excuse for that

I approve this statement!

I wasn't making excuses for Bama... I really don't give a shiit about Bama or actually any of the FBS schools. To be perfectly honest, I only "have the tv on" during their games. Unless, I know a kid personally on one of the teams its of very little interest.

However, as a fan of the Sport, I am aware that Bama was in rebuilding mode and overachieved this year. Not making an excuse for them losing to Utah... clearly Utah was the better team. However, I still contend that Bama came out flat. It's happens a lot even in big games... partly due to not wanting to be in the game and partly due to underestimating (the players) Utah.

Kendrick, weren't you one of the many to say that Utah wouldn't beat Alabama? Now you're on here talking like you were for them all along. Talk about spin.

And there's no way Utah would beat a Florida offense or a USC offense or a Oklahoma or Texas offense.

Come on now, that QB Bama had was a joke. He couldn't throw or scramble and was slow as hell.

Bama's offensive line covered up a lot of his weaknesses as did the system he played in throughout the year. Dude was missing receivers left and right even when they were open and no pressure was on him.

Utah plays in a non-BCS conference, but they can play with any BCS team in the country. Eddie Robinson (and others) said that football is blocking and tackling and the team that does that the bestest the mostest will win most of the time.

Utah plays in a non-BCS conference, but they can play with any BCS team in the country. Eddie Robinson (and others) said that football is blocking and tackling and the team that does that the bestest the mostest will win most of the time.

They maybe able to play with BCS teams, but I wouldn't put my money on them against Florida, Texas or USC. Oklahoma has been known to choke in big games, so I'd probably have reservations about voting them over Utah.

Who would you bet your house on if they had to play each other....USC or Utah? That's a loaded question too.

Fine....I guess you will not answer. But you see, Utah beat Oregon State this year. OSU beat USC (again) this year.

You see that is why they play the games because nobody really knows what the outcome will be.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Didn't Penn State beat that same Oregon State by four TD's, yet USC blew out Penn State, so what's your point? There is no point.

You said

And there's no way Utah would beat a Florida offense or a USC offense or a Oklahoma or Texas offense.

But yet Utah beat Oregon State, who beat USC, who beat Penn State, who beat Oregon State.

That was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back