What type of program is Cooper running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bengal

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsville/?Apr2001/15-e10449.html

This is a shame. Hambrick, Grant Johnson and Pollock are ineligible for their senior season because they haven't met the 75% reqt towards their degree. It is possible Curtis Donnell will have to seat out too. I never cared for Pollock, but Hambrick and Johnson are good player. I mean Hambrick will be a good 3rd string receiver at JSU. This shows Cooper only wants to win and doesn't care about the kids academics. How was Hambrick playing anyway on academic probation? A small time way of life.

I remember Strawdog and Mighty Dog not wanting to "turn their backs" on the thief they got on the team. And to think that Hambrick was playin on probation, that just goes to show you what 0-7 thinks of its athletes. They are their for one purpose. To help the team lose to all the quality teams they play against. I would say their all about winning games, but they ain't won chit.

Man it's sad when you overlook poor grades and let these boys hit the field. Who said the white folk were the only ones taking advantage of our brothas.

This is sad.:(

Who's Who send help.

I don't deny that we have internal problems which are deep seated. We still have people around here talking about the stadium should not have been built. We still have academicals who follow their own rules. The key is to get everyone on the same page.

Our athletic program is suffering at the hands of those who do not support athletics. But you can bet we will get it together.

We live with one crisis after another up here and this is an issues that can be fixed.

Playing on probation? He was probation FOR SPRING 2001. If he would have been on probation fall semester, he would have been on academic suspension this semster. I dont know about your school but that is how it is at AAMU.

Kenyon was NEVER no rocket scientist. We went to high school together. Coach Wells (at JOJ) had to pull him out of special ed so that he could get a football scholarship. He couldnt pass the graduation exam and that is why he didnt sign with Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State or Florida State. He didnt even graduate from JOJ. He quit school about a month before graduation and enrolled in a private school where he didnt have to take the graduation exam. Some people have to be held accountable for their own actions. Cooper cant go to class and take test for ANY PLAYER.

watch them say somethin stupid like all JSU players have a 4.0 or are on the deans list!!! Im not even worried about kenyon cuz we have someone from the same high school that broke all his receiving records without Wayne Madkins.....too bad we dont post our whole team roster like another school I know!!!!:rolleyes:

The Dow and NASDAQ are falling too!

MD, DAHILL,

The Bulldogs stock appears to be falling. If it's any consolation, the stock market is shaky right now, I'm sure it will bounce back.

''I'm just sad for the kids because I don't get a chance to see three great players play for us.'' - Ron Cooper.

This is the saddest statement I have ever seen. Cooper only thinks about his own sorry ass. He didnt say he was sad these boys didnt get their lesson or that he was sad that they will never graduate, or even that he was sad they would miss out on their Sr year. Coop is sad that he wont get to see them play fo him.

However, one of Hambrick's classes was canceled after only two people registered for it. - :(

''Some of it is the kid's fault,'' Cooper said. ''And, I take part of the responsibility because I had to practice some last fall at night because I couldn't get them all during the day. At night is when we usually have mandatory study hall."
- Ron Cooper

WTF? I see cooper is still blaming his players. How is it this kids fault They canceled goat hearding or whatever it was Alabama Farm College was offering? How many times do you need to practice throwback right throw back left? Coop musta been practicing those onsides. :(

''The student-athlete can't just take any classes and be eligible. We could do that at Division II. What they take must lead to graduation.'' - Jim Maritn AAMU AD

Still with that D2 thinking. Didnt rudy or somebody send you a copy of the rules when you moved from D2? :(

Coach Cooper cant take the classes for these guys!!!

Originally posted by J-State Tiger

WTF? I see cooper is still blaming his players. How is it this kids fault They canceled goat hearding or whatever it was Alabama Farm College was offering? How many times do you need to practice throwback right throw back left? Coop musta been practicing those onsides. :(

I know you not trying to talk about schools please dont do it!!!!! anyone in there right mind would much rather go to AAMU than that ghetto on a crackhead street yall call a university! Please talk what you know before you open your mouth!!!! why dont yall just worry about JSU and how yall gonna choke in a big game!!!! we dont need anyone from JSU to tell us chit about our coach......yall havent showed us chit but how to choke in games that count so STFU!!!!!!!lol........

and while you trying to talk about the courses that are offered Kenyon was in my major which is Urban Planning the only HBCU with NPAB accredited program in the U.S. and one of the best in the SOUTHEAST region!!!! and thats the dept where I find out about that poor ghetto and country azz city of Jackson which I can tell you all about....

Re: Coach Cooper cant take the classes for these guys!!!

Originally posted by TRU3000
[B
I know you not trying to talk about schools please dont do it!!!!! anyone in there right mind would much rather go to AAMU than that ghetto on a crackhead street yall call a university! Please talk what you know before you open your mouth!!!! why dont yall just worry about JSU and how yall gonna choke in a big game!!!! we dont need anyone from JSU to tell us chit about our coach......yall havent showed us chit but how to choke in games that count so STFU!!!!!!!lol........

and while you trying to talk about the courses that are offered Kenyon was in my major which is Urban Planning the only HBCU with NPAB accredited program in the U.S. and one of the best in the SOUTHEAST region!!!! and thats the dept where I find out about that poor ghetto and country azz city of Jackson which I can tell you all about.... [/B]

This is :(

Here we go again, this says it all.

Mighty Dog was in the Sports bar this weekend and he leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear
a "SWAC" joke?"

The guy next to him replies, "Before you tell that joke you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs. and a JSU ALUM.

The guy sitting next to me is 6'2", 225 lbs. and a Southern Alum. The fella next to him is 6'5", 250 lbs. and a GSU Alum. Do you still want to tell that joke?"

Mighty Dog says, "Nah. I don't want to have to explain it three times.

Hey Tru,

Werent you saying something about Hughes being a dumb coach? Man it time for you 0-7 folks to wake up and smell the coffee, not John Coffey, the real coffee. Cooper is garbage, a garbage coach, but you guys are so in love with the fact that he came from a white school that you let him get away with this kind of garbage.

3 and possibly 4 of your best players arent eligible? All you had was Hambrick and Connell. And if those 2 defensive linemen include that #91, yall might as well cancel the season.

Coaches get fired for not having control of a team on his watch. But as usual, Cooper skirts the blame. Its always somebody elses fault. This time he blamed it on the sun for going down too early.

Now he is going to help Hambrick get in the NFL?

Hambrick, you shoulda stayed in Hinds county son. At least you could be returning kicks if nothing else.

Vince McMahon send help.

This is truly a sad situation.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for them. If you are a senior, you know what you are supposed to do. If you don't you know what will happen. Some of Coopers remarks don't help but you can't knock the whole school for this situation. Every school has students (Remember players are students too) that don't make the grades. At least (to our knowledge) they weren't changing grades and leaning on professors.

Your chit for brains statement makes one wonder???

Originally posted by Robber
I remember Strawdog and Mighty Dog not wanting to "turn their backs" on the thief they got on the team. And to think that Hambrick was playin on probation, that just goes to show you what 0-7 thinks of its athletes. They are their for one purpose. To help the team lose to all the quality teams they play against. I would say their all about winning games, but they ain't won chit.

Man it's sad when you overlook poor grades and let these boys hit the field. Who said the white folk were the only ones taking advantage of our brothas.

This is sad.:(

Who's Who send help.

Robber/Blue Bengal...
I am sure that an athlete CAN play on probation at jsue however that can not and will not happen at AAMU. When I was in school and participating in extracurricular activities I had no one fill out my schedule or to make sure I went to class, did the required work, turned in the correct assignments and participated in the study group help sessions.

Unlike your decaying jsue program, ALABAMA A & M UNIVERSITY does NOT have courses in :
1.) Spam tossing (101)
2.) Making potty meat into an hors d'oeuvre (304 1/2)
3.) Out house seating (622)
4.) The art of Jerri Curl grooming (307)
5.) 1001 ways to say 'yas suh' to 'mr. mississippi white folks (110)
6.) Picking dat cotten (102)
7.) Correctional facility management (401)

Kenyon was taking REAL courses from REAL professors!

WE WOULD BE WILLING TO MATCH OUR STUDENT ATHLETE GRADUATION RATE WITH ANY SCHOOL WITHIN THE SWAC!! This young man has the opportunity to continue his quest for an education even though his Athletic Scholarship will come to an end. We take care of our own unlike jsue, our student athletes don't fade away into obscurity after their playing days are over.
By the way, you will see this kid get an opportunity to play at the next level!

[Edited by STRAWDOG on 04-16-01 at 11:55 AM]

MD

Its a good thing Hambrick wasnt at that bar. He cant say that he is a alum of anywhere. I mean nowhere. This kid didnt even graduate from kindergarden. He dropped out 3 weeks before graduation cause he didnt understand the rules to hopscotch and taking a nap.

Re: Coach Cooper cant take the classes for these guys!!!

and while you trying to talk about the courses that are offered Kenyon was in my major which is Urban Planning
Were you the other cat that was registered for that class? Why wont the NPAB give you credit for classes with 2 negroes in it? What is NAPB? Negro Playas And Ballas?

How can you graduate when the school is cancelling all of your classes? this is _ _ _!

why dont yall just worry about JSU and how yall gonna choke in a big game!!!!

Good thing the A&p game isnt a big game.

Re: Re: Coach Cooper cant take the classes for these guys!!!

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
and while you trying to talk about the courses that are offered Kenyon was in my major which is Urban Planning
Were you the other cat that was registered for that class? Why wont the NPAB give you credit for classes with 2 negroes in it? What is NAPB? Negro Playas And Ballas?

How can you graduate when the school is cancelling all of your classes? this is _ _ _!

why dont yall just worry about JSU and how yall gonna choke in a big game!!!!

Good thing the A&p game isnt a big game.

<FONT SIZE=6> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AAAAAAAAAAA AAAHHHAAAAA HA AH AH AH AH AH AH HA AHA AH AHA AHA AHA AH AHA HA AHA AH AHA HA AH AHAHA AH AHA HAHA AHAHHAHA A AHAHHAHA AHHA AHAHA AHHAHAA AHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA HAHA AHH AAH
WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA HAH AH AH AH AH AH AHH HA HA H AH HAH HA HA (DRYING TEARS) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA NEGRO HAHA HA HA HA AH PLAYAS AHA HA HAH AND BALLERS (TAKE DEEP BREATH) WWWWWHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MY SIDE, MY HEAD HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA MOOOOOMMMMAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WERE YOU THE OTHER PERSON? HHHAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAHA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAA</FONT>

THIS AINT FAIR, ONE PERSON SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS MUCH FUN AT THE EXPENSE OF SOMEONE ELSE.

Im sure Mike the savior will be in here soon to help these boys out.

Somebody post something about spam here---->....oops, as usual Straw done beat me to it.

SAD..

First yall clowns have a theft ring going up there, and now you have an academic scandal going as well!!

What's next, yall going to tell us yall had something to do with that chinese plane that rammed into ours?

You people are sad, absolutely sad. Yall won't even acknowledge the real problem here.....this kid is as dumb as a doorknob, but yall want to blame it on classes getting cancelled. Apparently basket weaving 101, isn't as popular as it used to be!

And so what if he was an Urban Planning major...apparently he wasn't a graduation planning major. You could be the only HBCU in the country that had that major and this kid still wouldn't be anywhere close to graduation! How is this kid in college 3 years and doesn't even have 75 hours....

JST,

What is tarnation would make them think that they are a big game for us. Dont they know the rules of the SWACPAGE?

Rule #1 of Smack against JSU.
Its not considered a big game unless JSU does not win.

[Edited by Get Ready on 04-16-01 at 08:36 AM]

This is truly funny... I mean sad that...

we haven't even hit the field yet and Alabama A&M is already out of contention to defend their Co-East title.

Oh well, I guess you all have basketball season to look forward to. Oh... that's right, Ronnie Courtney is at Texas Southern now. I guess you have soccer to get ready for.

1st Profound statement of 2001:

AAMU will win the SWAC soccer championship.

America's Most Wanted and Academic Advisors send help!!! :(

I guess JSU aint never had a football athelete become ineligible because of grades or whateva.

Yall got-it going on in Jackson:confused:

Not even Edwin Moses....

...could jump all these hurdles!

1. Theft
2. Green Mile Schedule
3. Cancelled Classes...snicker

Walking the Mile, Walking the green Mile!!

First they schedule one hell of a September and next they had to cancel the class because they didn't have enough students register for it.

This is too much.

Have Cooper under close guard and take his shoestrings and ties from him. :(

Cleb don't worry about cooper..

...if he hangs himself...he will still find a way to blame it on his players!

Walking the Mile!

Cleb,

I see you havent learned a thing. Cooper is not going to kill himself, he will get somebody else to kill themselves for him. That way he wont get the blame. Now do you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back