What SWAC team has the weakest/strongest schedule?

I would say Bama State has the toughest.

playing the top 6 teams in the Sheridan preseason poll.

3 reigning conference champions

and 1A FAMU

No doubt: Bama State has the hardest.

Easiest? Somewhere between PV and SU you'll find the answer (w/ all of the Div IIs). And in our defense, we're even playing another recent Div II startup in Texas College. :( Some people do not realize that this is not 1937 in this state. :smh:

This might sound like Smack but it's not my intent.

The only reason Bama State's schedule is tougher than Grambling's is because they have to play Grambling. Our non conference schedule is tougher than theirs. San Jose State and McNeese is tougher than anyone on their schedule.

The weakest schedule is probably SU's due to Allen and Lincoln. Not exactly sure who PV plays but I don't think they are weaker than those two.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
This might sound like Smack but it's not my intent.

The only reason Bama State's schedule is tougher than Grambling's is because they have to play Grambling. Our non conference schedule is tougher than theirs. San Jose State and McNeese is tougher than anyone on their schedule.

The weakest schedule is probably SU's due to Allen and Lincoln. Not exactly sure who PV plays but I don't think they are weaker than those two.

Gram makes a good argument by doing the I-A SJSU and McNeese bid. But, FAM is (was) still considered a nat'l power @ the I-AA level and BCC is last year's conf champ. And yes you're correct, playing former SWAC champ Grambling. That gives them the nod.

Mike, we have FIRST year startup Texas College (Div II or even IIIish) and we have 3rd year Paul Quinn as well as first year startup Southeastern La U. I don't think it gets weaker than that.

Stongest 2003.........Bama St.

Weakest 2003.........Tie S.U. & PV

Strongest last 5 years........S.U.

Weakest last 5 years.........Bama St.

Panthro, I admit that that is sorta weak. Except there's a chance that you will lose to Southeastern. They brought in a lot of talent (some DIA transfers from SEC schools, juco transfers, and some good high school signees.) Also, remember that PV is sorta in a startup mode with the new coach and just now giving scholarships. If Whittington is smart, I would redshirt the entire class and let them be my scout team (preparing them to step in as starters or key subs next year).

SU on the other hand is a title contender. They should beat NC A&T, Allen, and Lincoln. The Lincoln & Allen games will be blowouts!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Panthro, I admit that that is sorta weak. Except there's a chance that you will lose to Southeastern.

I disagree, PVAMU should beat SELU. I watched that game and wasn't impress at all. I know it was their first game but some top high school programs could have beaten them the other night. The OL and DL are small. Haven't seem PVAMU yet but will read the reports after this weekend.

Originally posted by BgJag
I disagree, PVAMU should beat SELU. I watched that game and wasn't impress at all. I know it was their first game but some top high school programs could have beaten them the other night. The OL and DL are small. Haven't seem PVAMU yet but will read the reports after this weekend.

I respectfully disagree BG. The fact that I know that we will have the same dumbazz DC who couldn't figure out that to stop TSU's run offense (over 250+ yards rushing and only 30 passing) by putting 8-9 in the box says that we'll more than naught lose this game. 40+ second half points. How the HELL do you let that happen! :mad: <b>No adjustments were made (statistically speaking). TSU adjusted and we didn't adjust to their adjustment.</b>

I (along w/ quite a few other purplers) don't have the same faith that we had earlier. Bonehead coaching is now taking over. :smh: PV has the weaker schedule this fall. 2 startups? 1 3rd year Div II program? Bruh....

Originally posted by Panthro
I respectfully disagree BG. The fact that I know that we will have the same dumbazz DC who couldn't figure out that to stop TSU's run offense (over 250+ yards rushing and only 30 passing) by putting 8-9 in the box says that we'll more than naught lose this game. 40+ second half points. How the HELL do you let that happen! :mad: <b>No adjustments were made (statistically speaking). TSU adjusted and we didn't adjust to their adjustment.</b>

I (along w/ quite a few other purplers) don't have the same faith that we had earlier. Bonehead coaching is now taking over. :smh: PV has the weaker schedule this fall. 2 startups? 1 3rd year Div II program? Bruh....

Pathro y'all can't be that bad, uh? If you can't beat what I saw the other night then y'all in trouble. :eek2:

Originally posted by BgJag
Pathro y'all can't be that bad, uh? If you can't beat what I saw the other night then y'all in trouble. :eek2:

Bruh, if we don't get it together soon, we <b>won't</b> win. Period.

I consider Northwestern State, North Carolina A&T, Tennessee State and FAMU an ight non-conference schedule as well. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JROCK
Stongest 2003.........Bama St.

Weakest 2003.........Tie S.U. & PV

Strongest last 5 years........S.U.

Weakest last 5 years.........Bama St.
Dude, you stay living in the past. Typical SU mentality.......

Toughest: Bama State with GSU at a very close second
Weakest: SU, simply because the scrub on the schedule is no match. Allen and Lincoln are coming to BR for a payday, and they know it. Even though PV is stronger than the scrub on their schedule, there is still the stigma of losing to PV. Their opponents will be up for the game, making it tougher for PV.

Not smack, just how I see it.

If the games count, I don't see the point in including a conference opponent as a factor in saying who's schedule is toughest. With that said, I have a toss up with JSU, and ASU, with JSU in the lead.

I agree with Noise Talka, in not discounting JSU's schedule. Though NWSt started a host of new players, they're always in the thick of it when it comes to 1-AA, not to mention it seems as TNSt maybe solid again this year, after suffering through a dismal season last year, and like ASU, JSU plays FAMU as well. The difference in the 2 games, is that FAMU will no doubtly be better when they play JSU, because they will actually have played more games, and proper adjustments will be made.

I'm not discounting ASU's win over them, because for the most part they dominated FAMU, and outside of brief scare in the 3rd quarter, they had their way with them.

I think the administrator's at both schools should be commended for scheduling some quality opponents, as well as GSU's.

As far as weak schedules are concerned, though it's not the norm, but I would give it to SU this year.

NICE

Back