What Programs can your HBCU brag on?

CEE DOG

Whether concentrating on student life, academics, research, Bulldog sports, the 280-member marching Maroon and White Band, the 85-member University Choir, or other areas, AAMU still stands out among institutions of higher learning. For instance, here are just a few of the outstanding points about AAMU.

Nationally accredited program in Speech Pathology since 1994
A Nobel Laureate has visited the campus every year since 1997
 AAMU is a leading producer of African-American Ph.D.?s in Physics
 Its nearly 30-year-old MBA program offers more than 120 students concentrations in finance, accounting, economics, finance, logistics, management of information systems and marketing AAMU is the site of Alabama's oldest baccalaureate degree program in computer science
 AAMU is one of only three HBCUs offering the baccalaureate degree in city planning; one of the few universities in the nation with a nationally accredited program in urban planning
 North Alabama's only source for the accredited master's degree in social work (M.S.W.)
 The only 1890 land grant university offering three Ph.D. degree programs
(i.e., Food Science, Physics, Plant & Soil Science)
 One of the few HBCUs offering a baccalaureate degree program in telecommunications
 Home to one of the largest graduate schools among HBCUs (1,100+ students)
 Five AAMU students were listed on USA Today Academic Teams for four consecutive years, 1997-2000
 Home to a nationally accredited site in rehabilitative counselor education
 Site of a concentration in Space Physics
 Listed among Top 50 Black EnterpriselDayStar Schools
 In only a few short years, its athletic programs have become a formidable presence in the
Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC)
 Dr. Arthur Bond, the founder of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), is dean of its School of Engineering and Technology
 AAMU biotechnologists are making headway in the production of an ?allergy-free? peanut

Among AAMU's Extensive Research Capabilities
Artificial intelligence, Biomass fuels, Computer assisted instruction, Cytogenetics, Early intervention strategies in special education, Genetics, Human nutrition, Materials science, Microgravity crystal, growth, Molecular genetics, Nutritional biochemistry, Optics, Plant tissue culture, Remote sensing, Rural development, Sensory evaluation , etc.

Conclusion
AAMU has something for everybody: culture, down-home sensitivity, a diversity of people and programs, and a commitment to academic excellence and individual student need. "The Hill" has produced corporate leaders, educators, scientists and numerous others who are continuing to make a difference throughout the world.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SO many people that attend PWC's talk bad about our schools, but when presented with facts they can't say anything.

Originally posted by CEE DOG
SO many people that attend PWC's talk bad about our schools, but when presented with facts they can't say anything.

This is so true. Their faces will change expression, and they sometimes change the subject out of embarrassment.

UAPB...

UAPB folks, correct me if I'm wrong....

UaPB has a program that I've heard only a few universities have in the U.S. and that's Regulatory Science.

UAPB's strong programs-

Agriculture
Aquaculture
Fisheries
Education (Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, ect.)
Regulatory Science

Dr. Montgomery is the Chairman of the EE program. Dr. Bonds the founder of the NSBE is the dean.

Cee Dog, I could have sworn that I read an article in the Houston CHronicle a few months ago that stated that PVAMU was the leading producer of African-American Ph.D.?s in Physics.
However, I could be wrong

Well at any rate PV has a solar observatory
solar_center2.jpg

The only one in the State of Texas of Higher Learning

**PVAMU is the only school in the country to offer a Ph.d in Juvenile Justice and Forensic Psychology

**PVAMU is in the process of getting a School of Medicine (this will set us apart from most HBCU's especially in the SWAC

**PVAMU and AAMU are the only 2 HBCU's that parternership with NASA research

**PVAMU offers a Masters in Community Development and Urban Planning (Where I am a grad student)

**PVAMU is one of the pioneers in graduating the most african american NURES and a few years back PVAMU graduated the most African American Engineering Degrees.

AAMU was the first HBCU to offer PHD programs in Physics. Our Physics program is years ahead of many schools. You have to realize that Huntsville,Al. is the home of the Space race. All those physic guys who took us to the moon helped developed our program.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

**PVAMU and AAMU are the only 2 HBCU's that parternership with NASA research

Be not deceived!!!

As long as most of the NASA HBCU engineers in the know have SU degrees in engineering and control or influence those programs, we have not only INCLUDED AAMU, FAMU, Morehouse and PVAMU, but we happen to be the bosses who "ok" or push the funding through!!! You think we'd be dumb enough NOT to include SU?

From what I understand PV is suppose to get a Phd. program or two in engineering. A lot depends on the agreement that the state has with the federal government in increased funding for HBCUs.

Here are some more PV tidbits.

*PV's College of Architecture won a competition against other schools in Texas several years ago. I do not have any info on any later competitions.

*During most if not each year of the '90s PV's nursing students had the highest average on the nursing exam of any school in Texas. BTW I was told that it was the nation but am not sure about that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

Originally posted by Jaguar Diehard

Be not deceived!!!

As long as most of the NASA HBCU engineers in the know have SU degrees in engineering and control or influence those programs, we have not only INCLUDED AAMU, FAMU, Morehouse and PVAMU, but we happen to be the bosses who "ok" or push the funding through!!! You think we'd be dumb enough NOT to include SU?

Speak the truth.:nod: :nod: :nod:

PV's College of Nursing does have the highest passage rate on the state exam. For the last few years it has been 100%

PV has produced more black 3 star general than any other school in the nation, including westpoint and more black Naval Rear Admirals than any other school in the nation, including Annapolis.

Alcorn State..

1. Education and Nursing..... The passing rate for licensure is way above the national average.
2. Agri-Business Management
3. Graduate Degrees in Biology
4. Advanced Technology
5. Graduate Degrees in Education

I'll provide more information later.

Ag.Econ " Where Great Minds Come To Be Born" Plan Your furture call toll free 1-800-222-6790

I stand corrected I mentioned that PVAMU and AAMU were two of the only HBCU's that partern with NASA!!
I was wrong other partering institutions are
Huston-Tillotson (HBCU) Austin, Tx
Wiley College (HBCU) Texas
Southern University (HBCU) Baton Rouge, La
Langston Univeristy (HBCU) Normal, Ok
Xavier University (I do not know which one)
MIT
Texas College (HBCU) location given

PVAMU

One of the Only HBCU's to offer a Solar Power Car Racing team
Introducing the Sun Panther!
PV619A2.JPG

Back