What happens to the black community if social programs are dismantled?

CEE DOG

I keep hearing black people especially the new age black republicans saying the Democrat party wants to keep us on the plantation with social programs. So when I ask What happens to the black community if social programs are dismantled no one can answer. I mean lets be real no one wants folks to stay on welfare. We also realize that certain social programs do more good than harm. So do people believe that if we end these programs that have helped many rise above poverty ends the black community will all of a sudden rise to the top of America?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It’s not black people who will be hurt but white people. The Republicans are fooling the poor whites and working class whites in believing they are for them.

It's hard to make that point when your media is BIAS and that includes Hollywood.

What image do they keep selling??? The Wire, The Chi, 50 Cent universe and so on.

Did anyone notice this on Married with Children....
Al was a shoe salesman yet had a two story house and 2 cars and put a son through COLLEGE. Yet screamed they were poor.

Pro wrestler and HBCU football player New Jack once mention that if you look at the numbers there are more white people on welfare than black people and there are white only towns who's sole source of income is welfare. While Republicans like to try to make black people the face of welfare, the numbers don't match up with their words and that is why they will never end welfare (they may pass a law restricting it and then turn around pulling back those requirements quietly).

Pro wrestler and HBCU football player New Jack once mention that if you look at the numbers there are more white people on welfare than black people and there are white only towns who's sole source of income is welfare. While Republicans like to try to make black people the face of welfare, the numbers don't match up with their words and that is why they will never end welfare (they may pass a law restricting it and then turn around pulling back those requirements quietly).

We all know this. Because we are all smart enough to do our research and look at data. A lot of these folks refuse to do that.

They talk a little about the Heritage Foundation's leaders background.

Reagan's legacy is bad enough.

Note that Roberts benefitted from public funding.

----------

https://www.notus.org/david-montgomery

Under Kevin Roberts, the influential D.C. think tank has moved away from the Reagan legacy and toward Trumpism. But Roberts has bigger ambitions still.

Roberts grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana, in a poor family that he has described as “besieged by the early signs of our nation’s social decay.” His grandparents helped raise him after his parents split when he was 4; his teenage brother took his own life when Roberts was 9. His mother qualified for subsidized housing, and Roberts received free or reduced-price lunches in the public schools.

I asked if his personal experience led him to value the social safety net that is typically associated with liberal policies. “As a conservative, not a libertarian, I believe — and we at Heritage believe — in the safety nets,” he said. “What became a real vital part of my conservatism — maybe the second most important part after my faith — is that those programs work really well when they work in conjunction with healthy institutions of civil society. Of course, the most important institution I didn’t have, which is the nuclear family. But I had the church, I had my extended family … the Boy Scouts. … My biggest motivation as a conservative, far more important than anything I have to say on national security, at least as far as I’m concerned, is rehabilitating those things. … That’s the America I want to rebuild, and that’s an America where I think very diverse peoples can flourish. … That’s my big passion as a conservative, from that boyhood experience.”

The topic of Roberts’ dissertation wasn’t the first you’d guess of a future president of Heritage. “Kevin is literally the only conservative I know who has ever written about the culture of enslaved people,” Sidbury told me. Roberts’ 2003 study, “Slaves and Slavery in Louisiana: The Evolution of Atlantic World Identities, 1791-1831,” broke new ground in the field, Sidbury said, using novel evidence including Catholic baptismal records to show how enslaved people constructed forms of daily resistance within the confines of their oppression.

When Kevin went to Heritage,” said Greg Sindelar, who succeeded Roberts as head of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, “what it signaled to me, as somebody outside the D.C. bubble, is a shift in the center of gravity of the conservative movement.

The work was strong enough to land Roberts a tenure-track position at New Mexico State University. In 2006, he published “African American Issues,” a volume in a series of ethnic studies texts for high school and college students. In it, Roberts takes up still-burning issues including reparations for slavery, criminal justice, affirmative action, school choice, standardized tests, welfare to work, and election reform. Each issue is framed in a formulaic both-sides structure. On the question of whether racism remains systemically present in parts of society, he cites opposing advocates and draws no conclusions.

The amazing thing that is not being talked about is the impact on the white community. Black and Hispanics are the traditional talking points, but poor white that have been scammed into supporting agent orange will be hit hard. The rural parts of the South and states like Pennsylvania and Ohio etc will be hit hard.

While I understand what guys are saying yes white folks are on social programs more. The problem is the repercussions of the black community. There are so many black people who think project 2025 is a fear mongering tool. I see it all over social media and here it in the local barbershops. What most of these clowns don't get is once a piece of legislation is put in place it takes decades to turn it back. Just like Trump tax cuts. They have been in place since 2017. The taxes on the low income goes up until 2027. Guess what who ever wins the white house will determine if they keep going up or go back down. That will be 10 years of pimping the poor. A decade. These folks keep saying Biden raised their taxes and they can't get a refund. Trump wants to cut government jobs. The ignorant naive folks in our community don't understand that the government local, federal, county and state employees over 55 percent of minorities in America. This doesn't include the contract jobs for all of them entities. This will be detrimental to the middle class black families.

Last edited:
Back