What AAMUs Transfer class of 2022 taught me

This is why Alcorn just moves along quiet as kept. Hype sells opening day tickets but winning brings fans and acclaim throughout
True that. Prior to the JSU phenomenon, I have to give Alcorn their flowers for being a model program for doing it the right way. Alcorn was doing great things and I was offended for them when the media acted like Prime was saving the conference. ASU was kickin butt

True that. Prior to the JSU phenomenon, I have to give Alcorn their flowers for being a model program for doing it the right way. Alcorn was doing great things and I was offended for them when the media acted like Prime was saving the conference. ASU was kickin butt

Aye that's Deion Sanders, can't fault the media. He simply has too much charisma to deny. I love to hear that guy talk even when I know he's probably lying to me. 😂

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
1. Championships aren’t won on social media.
2. If you don’t have a competent QB, nothing else matters.
3. If you were a 4 ⭐️ in HS and you hit the portal, you’re not a 4 ⭐️ college player.
4. Developing your homegrown players is still the best way to build a program.
5. Academics matter, all transfer credits don’t transfer with the players.

Star ranking value dies the minute a college player enrolled. From then, it's only about what the player does on the field and in the classroom.

Potential ain't shit til it's converted.

1. Championships aren’t won on social media.
2. If you don’t have a competent QB, nothing else matters.
3. If you were a 4 ⭐️ in HS and you hit the portal, you’re not a 4 ⭐️ college player.
4. Developing your homegrown players is still the best way to build a program.
5. Academics matter, all transfer credits don’t transfer with the players.
#4 is questionable in the portal era. Coaches can no longer count on stable programs with their recruits. As soon as these recruits have a good year, they opt to enter the portal. These coaches will have spent time developing the players and some other coach gets the benefits.
It is better for these coaches to constantly go into the portal and get some players that have been developed by FBS coaches and can be used for a couple of years.

This is why Alcorn just moves along quiet as kept. Hype sells opening day tickets but winning brings fans and acclaim throughout

Here comes Alcorn talking about winning. Forget the fact that Alcorn has like 5 losing seasons in the last 10 years. ...and then quit one year. Everything Alcorn got, JSU and (and to a lesser extent) Alabama State gave it to you.

Here comes Alcorn talking about winning. Forget the fact that Alcorn has like 5 losing seasons in the last 10 years. ...and then quit one year. Everything Alcorn got, JSU and (and to a lesser extent) Alabama State gave it to you.

Gave? Alcorn has more SCG wins than both Alabama state and JSU combined.
Hilarious 😂😂😂

School/SCG Appearances & Record
1) Gram 10 (8-2)
2) S.U. 8 (3-5)
3) jsu 7 (3-4)
4) AAMU 7 (2-5)
5) Alcorn 6 (4-2)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I still believe you build the program with high school kids and improve the team with transfers.

If you've recruited and developed the right way, a transfer needs to be downright special in order to come in and start.

That's old school thinking. Im glad they are pulling back on that transfer portal. It was getting out of hand.

Yall only won anything because JSU and Alabama State fired winning coaches. Just say thanks.
Alcorn made you fire your winning coach, yall got shook and panicked, Bama State has 1 SCG win so far. what are you talking about? 😄

Alcorn made you fire your winning coach, yall got shook and panicked, Bama State has 1 SCG win so far. what are you talking about? 😄
Dude yall could never make us do anything. Comegy was beating Alcorn azz. Comegy was fired for reasons unrelated to football but there was STILL no reason to hire Old Man Jackson. They should have promoted McCall.

..and what im talkin about is, Alcorn was never a juggernaut. You just had NO competition in the EAST. If JSU had kept Comegy and AlaState had kept Barlow, do you think for a second yall would have won 6 EAST titles straight? Yall actually sucked in 2016/2017.

Back