We Own This City (executive produced by David Simon)

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I am such a Wire fiend. I compare everything to it's standards. So if a new series presents to me characters from the streets, cops, with scenes from Baltimore, and David Simon is writing and producing it all, no doubt I will be watching. Never mind that in this trailer, I caught previous actors from The Wire (actors who played Marlo, Herc, ODog, Landsman with possibly more). The first episode airs on the 25th. #digit

The only thing though, it seems like one of those series that will put you in your feelings about law enforcement. We will see....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9BcW7gXvE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just caught the 1st episode. I kinda got lost seeing all those Wire characters playing different roles, most of them as police...LOL

The very end got interesting to me though...

Yep, there is a slew of them...

1651145326283.png

I just happened to catch the end of this show the other day. Seems ok so far. I will have to make sure I record the episodes.

The highlight for me was the white sergeant stealing that 11k, and lying to the black dudes about not getting any money.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They don’t have nothing on a certain city in Louisiana though back in the day…lol

LOL......which one is the question. Hell Bossier City police will whoop your ass without regard to age, gender, or race. Reportedly they whooped a white lesbians ass all the while screaming "you bulldagger."

Yea bruh....I saw a NOPD uniform sergeant pull up to vehicle with a blacked out tint. He didn't know what was on the other side. he busted the window and opened the door and pulled out four dudes and arrested all four. No back up no nothing. I'm like damn 2 could have run. them cats were scared. I'm talking momma goin tell yo daddy scared.

Yea bruh....I saw a NOPD uniform sergeant pull up to vehicle with a blacked out tint. He didn't know what was on the other side. he busted the window and opened the door and pulled out four dudes and arrested all four. No back up no nothing. I'm like damn 2 could have run. them cats were scared. I'm talking momma goin tell yo daddy scared.

I know so many stories until trust, I would be typing all day….smh & lol

So was Detective Suiter more involved than what they shown or did he just panic from knowing that he got money from Jenkins and it was gonna come out that he did.

That whole Baltimore thing was just so corrupt from the incoming Mayor, the new police commissioner and most of the police.

I'm not sure what network or streaming service this is on but has anyone watched this show? I'm getting some very high reactions from a co-worker about it.

I'm not sure what network or streaming service this is on but has anyone watched this show? I'm getting some very high reactions from a co-worker about it.

We had a thread about this, so I merged them. Hopefully you read what we posted about the show.

Back