Virginia Union 2005 Division II Champs!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not to belittle VUU's victory, but how often is it that Div 2 basketball even gets showcased on tv?

Justin said:
Not to belittle VUU's victory, but how often is it that Div 2 basketball even gets showcased on tv?

The D2 men's and women's championship game is shown every year on CBS. The CIAA Tournament and regular season games have been shown on national TV for a while now, too. (MBC and UPN)

...Carry On..

Justin said:

Stop hatin? How often do bottom feeding Div-IA teams get on tv?
CIAA is the best Division II confrence in the Nation. They went to the peak of there Mountain!

Every-one does not want to be division I or go on the endless HBCU goose chase you call the final four. :topic:

Sorry this thread is for Virginia Union U. Way to go Panthers! :jump:

:tup: Congrats to the Panthers! Gotta admit, it took me awhile to get into the game because it was kinda :sleep2: at first but they got into a better flow between the latter part of the first half going into the second half. Way to go guys!!!

Butch Wms. said:
Kudos to the VUU Panthers.This is indeed a milestone!! :jump:

Not really a milestone...just taking care of business!! :flippy:

HBCU's have always been successfull on the Division II level.
Check your Records......

1967-Winston-Salem State University
1974-Morgan State University
1978-Cheyney
1980-Virgina Union University
1982-University of the Distric of Columbia
1989-North Carolina Central University
1992-Virgina Union University
2005-Virgina Union University

Runners Up:
1970-Tennesse State University
1973-Tennesse State University
1983-University of the Distric of Columbia
1985-St. Augustine's

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Congrats, VUU!!!!

I was pullin' for Bowie State, but this is just as good...they beat Bowie on their home floor in order to get to the Elite 8...

the CIAA had 2 Squads in the Tourney that had all the tools to Take it all; one of them did it... :jump: :tup: :bowdown:

Congratulations Champs!!!!

VUU win is even better than a Duke lost.

I thought that Bowie State was going to win it; Lee Cook is the real deal and he may just make it to the NBA with his skills.

Back