Very tragic...

Panther88

Banned
This occurred in a country-ish suburb of Dallas yesterday. The lady shot in her home was black and the shooting officer was a white female.

<b>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCKINNEY ? A police officer's gun accidentally discharged during a burglary investigation Tuesday, killing Cathey Howard Kalimah, 31.
McKinney police say the incident began when the victim's alarm system went off at their house in the 1800 block of Meadow Ranch Road. The alarm company called the victim's husband at work. He then called his wife and asked her to check on the house.

Police say the unidentified officer noticed the house's back door slightly open. As she tried to enter, Kalimah saw the door opening and tried to close it.

Neither realized the other was there.

"The officer unholstered the weapon and at the time of walking through the door -- that same time the homeowner was inside -- saw the door opening and slammed it closed on the officer, striking possibly the gun and officer," said McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski.

Shutters on the back door blocked the view of both the officer and Kalimah. When the gun went off, the homeowner was shot in the chest. She died at the scene.

Family and friends gathered at the home. They are stunned at what happened, and describe Kalimah as a loving wife and mother of two children.

"Very spirited. Just that type of person that anyone would want to be around," said family friend Kelvin Green. "She was loving and kind, the type of person that would do anything for you at drop of a hat."

Police and family are looking for answers.

McKinney Police are checking into whether proper procedure was followed. They say this is a tragic accident which is not only devastating to the family, but also to the department of 76 officers.

"We're about helping people and making this a safer community," Chief Kowalski said. "Right now, circumstances seem to conspire against everybody involved in this incident to bring us a tragic result to everybody."

Police would not release the name of the officer involved in the shooting. They said had been with the department three-and-a-half years. She was said to be heartbroken because she killed a person she was trying to help.

The case will go to a grand jury for further investigation. Police are conducting an internal affairs investigation and the officer was placed on routine administrative leave.

Police are also questioning the alarm company. They want to know whether the company was aware that the homeowner was on the way to the house and why that information was not passed along to authorities.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
One sided story...

I fell bad for the womens family, they will never really know what happen...

I don't know about ya'll but I don't think I would sedn my wife to check on a burglary alarm being set off at my house. This is truly a sad incident though.:(

Very sad indeed.

Note to PISON: You can call McKinney country if you want to but if you clown Allen like that we gon have to fight. :redhot: :p ;) :D

Something smells foul

The officer, a 31/2-year veteran of the McKinney force whom police have not named, must have made a mistake, Ms. Sanford said.

NO ISH!!!

Police have not said whether there was any verbal exchange between the officer and the woman inside. Ms. Sanford said Wednesday that she believes her friend would have spoken up had she known a police officer was trying to enter the house.

I'm sure the police aren't gonna say anything either. I think there was some word play and the police started capping!!!

The officer, who worked as a detention officer for the Collin County Sheriff's Office prior to coming to McKinney, has received two letters of commendation and two letters of reprimand, police said. The reprimands were both for job-related accidents in which she was found to be at fault, Chief Kowalski said.

If this officer is found to be at fault, should she simply be fired from her job or should she be tried in a court of law for 2nd degree murder. I mean that's what it is. MURDER!!! If I did it, I'd be locked up right now!!!

0607cathey.jpg

My heart goes out to the victim's family. I hope justice is served!!!

I sure hope the right actions are taken against the right people. That isht is senseless. It is also why I got my alarm turned off. Hell, I pay homeowner's insurance. Let someone come in here and take something!

Oh, and my soul-stepping Soror? The ONLY thing that saves Allen from being COMPLETELY country is that uppity outlet mall y'all have! ;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
And there it is...

It's my understanding that the FEMALE WHITE/ANGLO/EURO/... officer had numerous complaints against her over the last 3+ years from residents of McKinney (Collin Co). If it sounds like a redneck, is complained against like it's a redneck, SHOOTS TO KILL like a redneck, then, it's probably a redn... :(

The police force (city) is trying their DARNEST to appease the community/media. They're paying 100% for the funeral costs AND they've established 2 full scholarship funds for the kids (funded by the city of McKinney), and they even raised their flags on their offices @ half-staff as a sign of respect.

I say respect the got dayum 1 Billion $$$$$ lawsuit that me and Johnny Cochran/JST/robber are going to file on your arse. I'd give the team 80% of the proceedings just to see the city go to financial hell/ruin over the next 60 years trying to pay that $$$$$ amount. You cannot put a $$$$$ amount on a life, but, $$$$$ (green) is the only method of communication that white folx really understand. I hope the husband pursues this and doesn't fall for those white folx "tickling him and his kids in the ass" trying to appease him during his time of sorrow.

Pis, errrr, Panthro!
ps
Niter, don't be the pot calling the kettle... You live out in the WOODS too!:eek: That <b>plaza</b> near McDermott is an outlet what???? LOL:rolleyes: Grapevine Mills, send hel*!!!

LOL @ Nita and Panthrowed.

[size=-3] * Making a note to cross both of their arses off the invitation list to my lil TBA Summer Soiree.[/size] :bawling: :D

Couldn't have said it better myself

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!!

You cannot put a $$$$$ amount on a life, but, $$$$$ (green) is the only method of communication that white folx really understand. I hope the husband pursues this and doesn't fall for those white folx "tickling him and his kids in the ass" trying to appease him during his time of sorrow.

This sorry A$$ man sent his wife home to check the Burglary alarm. If my alarm goes off I'm not going to have my sister to go check the house. Me, my .380, and the 45 are going. Sorry A$$ husband.

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE
I don't know about ya'll but I don't think I would sedn my wife to check on a burglary alarm being set off at my house. This is truly a sad incident though.:(

The husband sent his wife home to check the alarm.
------------------------------------------
McKinney police say the incident began when the victim's alarm system went off at their house in the 1800 block of Meadow Ranch Road. The alarm company called the victim's husband at work. He then called his wife and asked her to check on the house.
-------------------------------------------

Originally posted by jag4life
Maybe she wasat home already and had just forgotten to close the door or something.

*SMH*

Originally posted by Panthro

I say respect the got dayum 1 Billion $$$$$ lawsuit that me and Johnny Cochran/JST/robber are going to file on your arse. I'd give the team 80% of the proceedings just to see the city go to financial hell/ruin over the next 60 years trying to pay that $$$$$ amount. You cannot put a $$$$$ amount on a life, but, $$$$$ (green) is the only method of communication that white folx really understand. I hope the husband pursues this and doesn't fall for those white folx "tickling him and his kids in the ass" trying to appease him during his time of sorrow.

I agree.

Back