Valley searched for and found a band director (Melton Harvey)

View: https://youtu.be/wvWOM67fwtM

This is what excites y’all? Lmaoo

With the style and excitement JSU, SU, Alcorn, Cookman, NCAT & Norfolk brings, y’all really think going back to corps style will bring the numbers back up huh lol

You can be different and still be a traditional style band…(NCAT & Norfolk). Yea they high step but they incorporate drum corp style things and they are amazing. Walking on the field isn’t marching and it’s boring as hell
Along those same lines of being different, why do HBCU bands HAVE to use the high step style. I spent my entire high school career in a nationally known corps style band with a nationally known high stepping band across the bridge and when we all went to an HBCU we didn't miss anything.

It would be pretty cool to have a HBCU corps style band come in and dominate PWI bands in what they feel they do best. They could go places that a high stepping band doesn't often go like BOA super regionals and nationals.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Along those same lines of being different, why do HBCU bands HAVE to use the high step style. I spent my entire high school career in a nationally known corps style band with a nationally known high stepping band across the bridge and when we all went to an HBCU we didn't miss anything.

It would be pretty cool to have a HBCU corps style band come in and dominate PWI bands in what they feel they do best. They could go places that a high stepping band doesn't often go like BOA super regionals and nationals.

Ok. Do that and see how many kids y’all can recruit to the delta.

It's all about marketing, believing in the product, and yielding dividends just like any buisness.

Just because YOU don't believe in it doesn't mean there aren't people that won't.

I know from experience. I've seen a kid graduate with honors from a Academic Magnet school get recruited to become a marine.

And these folks think going back to a corps style of marching will up the numbers & excitement lmao

Are you sure about that? You really have to look deep into this. Valley was a better band program when they were there tic tic boom booming and bong bong bonging with their corps style of marching. They were very unique.

A Corps Style HBCU Marching Band in the SWAC that still plays the popular HBCU marching band songs might be pretty unique in this era as well. Don’t forget that their are more corps style bands in the world than show style, so we really don’t know if Valley could or couldn’t improve their numbers if they showcased this. As you know, HBCU bands always get a handful of kids each year at band camps who have to learn to convert. (And it’s funny watching them convert from corps to show.)

What if Valley made some noise and welcomed all of these black kids who have been apart of these corps style programs and issued them some soul power? You never know, but it could be very interesting. Valley definitely has history on their side, so it wouldn’t be looked at as an experiment.

Looking at their numbers through the years, I can easily see them improving their numbers with this. I don’t think it would get worst, but I could definitely be wrong.

Dr. Miguel Bonds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the job goes, their is no doubt in my mind that Valley’s numbers and sound isn’t about to improve. As wild as Miguel is, he knows how to get things rolling quickly. His New Orleans and Mississippi Gulf Coast ties are going to bring Valley some numbers quickly.

As far as Miguel goes, I just hope that he stabilizes himself.

what can valley offer money wise other top swac bands have? Valley barely travels so what makes them to be so attractive? Talladega is private so they can bend rules if they want

It's all in what you want and believe. Yep, my h s band was 90% white...military style. And once I saw the flashy HBCU style's I was hooked. Matter of fact, in parades, when a HBCU was marching, the entire band ran to watch them. but it's on you. Sorta like a white female dealing with sex and same old boring white dude. And than a black dude get's hold to her. It's a done deal. Once you go black, you never go back.

Back