US News & World Report says Huntsville is the best place to live: Mayor says ‘still work to do’

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What I learned over time and now know about my hometown is that a key moment was when German scientists after WWII came to the Redstone Arsenal Army Base and also helped to established the George C. Marshall Space Flight Center. I'm not saying discrimination never happened, yet the need for labor force in hi-tech related companies was so pressing that if a person of color had the skills, they were needed, and they could make good money in that area.

In simpler words, Blacks in Engineering and Science related fields in the city have truly been blessed over the years with awesome opportunities. I do know that behind the scenes, there were many people that helped to make this happen. John Cashin is a name that definitely comes to mind. --> https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca..._jr_dies_at_82/2011/03/27/AFQNxnlB_story.html

Thanks to him and others, the powers that be recognized that it was to the community's advantage to allow capable people thrive in spite of race or economic factors.

Now of course there still have been incidents and challenges at various times, but so many peeps from around the way that came before, during, and after my time in Huntsville are doing so well and I am very proud of them.

Last edited:
What I learned over time and now know about my hometown is that a key moment was when German scientists after WWII came to the Redstone Arsenal Army Base and also helped to established the George C. Marshall Space Flight Center. I'm not saying discrimination never happened, yet the need for labor force in hi-tech related companies was so pressing that if a person of color had the skills, they were needed, and they could make good money in that area.

In simpler words, Blacks in Engineering and Science related fields in the city have truly been blessed over the years with awesome opportunities. I do know that behind the scenes, there were many people that helped to make this happen. John Cashin is a name that definitely comes to mind. --> https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca..._jr_dies_at_82/2011/03/27/AFQNxnlB_story.html

Thanks to him and others, the powers that be recognized that it was to the community's advantage to allow capable people thrive in spite of race or economic factors.

Now of course there still have been incidents and challenges at various times, but so many peeps from around the way that came before, during, and after my time in Huntsville are doing so well and I am very proud of them.
I used to live in Huntsville and worked for Samina SCI as a Software Engineer on South Parkway. This was the early 2000's. There are a lot of opportunities there for minorities in the engineering field. I just didn't like the racism that I experienced.

I love to shut white folks up when they try to come at AAMU. I like to remind them the only reason UAH exist is because the German Nazis refused to allow their kids to go to school with the blacks at A&M and Oakwood. So the extension of Alabama at Huntsville was created. The only white show in town .......

Last edited:
I love to shut white folks up when they try to come at AAMU. I like to remind them the only reason UAH exist is because the German Nazis refused to allow their kids to go to school with the blacks at A&M and Oakwood. So the exterior Alabama at Huntsville was created. The only white show in town .......

Plus, they are part of University of Alabama System.

I love to shut white folks up when they try to come at AAMU. I like to remind them the only reason UAH exist is because the German Nazis refused to allow their kids to go to school with the blacks at A&M and Oakwood. So the extension of Alabama at Huntsville was created. The only white show in town .......

Von Braun and nem....😀

Another problem for me is the damn traffic. I hate going across 72 during the day time.
There are alternate roads to get anywhere in Huntsville… 72 traffic is only had in Madison… and thats because Madison was NOTHING just 20 years ago… and it is booming now.

There are alternate roads to get anywhere in Huntsville… 72 traffic is only had in Madison… and thats because Madison was NOTHING just 20 years ago… and it is booming now.

I know. I take 565, 231, 431, and some other back roads.

They are also buliding like crazy in Limestone County.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back