Tuskegee AD has DI plans, says Nick Saban should schedule HBCUs

It’s deeper than that! Bama has the same affect on the state’s white working class. It’s a unique phenomenon. I’m not sure it exist in any other state.
There are very few pre k & kindergarten classes in the state of Alabama that don't ask little kids who are you rooting for? Alabama or Auburn?...it starts there

There are very few pre k & kindergarten classes in the state of Alabama that don't ask little kids who are you rooting for? Alabama or Auburn?...it starts there

South Carolina has a similar dynamic with USC and Clemson. My friend (a Valley alum who lives in Columbia) has a daughter that sees only USC stuff so it's gonna be a chore to steer her to a HBCU (although she works at Benedict)

While y'all tripping if Bama played any HBCU in this state the black community would all wear Bama gear and root for Bama. Only the transplants would have on the HBCU gear. 😂
Mane kill that … black folks in Georgia wear UGA Gear… they just dont have an in state rival to argue back and forth with. Atlanta black locals could care less about any HBCU in the state.

Mane kill that … black folks in Georgia wear UGA Gear… they just dont have an in state rival to argue back and forth with. Atlanta black locals could care less about any HBCU in the state.
Not in my age group. Most of the folks who live in Atlanta who follow SEC football are transplants. Most the folks I grew up with are Falcons, Braves and Hawks fans before we follow Georgia.

Really?? Well, I can't really argue with you, because I have not lived in Alabama since 1975.

It is crazy. I'm a first hand witness. The players go to daycare with their jerseys on to talk to the children. They have Alabama contests and free tickets all the way up to high school. It' year round: football, basketball, track, swimming, gymnastics, baseball, softball. There is no where you can go in Tuscaloosa without being flooded with UA. Hispanics can't even speak English, but they can say "ROLL Tide".

The most segregated day is Sunday. The most integrated is a Saturday Home game. "ROLL Tide" gets you full and drunk.

The most segregated day is Sunday.
🤣 Well, I can understand that. You ever been to a church with a white congregation?

Tired School GIF by Bounce

Starting and maintaining the culture through generations is what makes it so unique and complex. Many studies have been done on the phenomenon.

we are so accepting and apologetic - we as a whole don't have that dawg mentality and have believed the color of the clouds are right so we fall right in

I've seen full HBCU families don't want to basically tell their kid to extend the legacy cause they want them to have a choice - especially the mommas who don't like to push the issue. Bama and Auburn families basically tell the kid they're a failure if they don't go there. A lot of HBCU folks won't dare do that but should

Same thing… they aint wearing no Morris Brown, Spelman, Morehouse or CAU shirts….
😉OH YES HELL, I AM...and other hbcu gear as well.
But, I'm different than the others anyway.
😄

Yall can have Bama, Gawga, the entire SEC can go swing in a tree.
Never been a fan....NEVER WILL BE A FAN.

😉OH YES HELL, I AM...and other hbcu gear as well.
But, I'm different than the others anyway.
😄

Yall can have Bama, Gawga, the entire SEC can go swing in a tree.
Never been a fan....NEVER WILL BE A FAN.
If im not mistaken you attended one of the schools…. That’s different… Im speaking of the locals who didn’t go to any of the HBCU schools.

;)Dahill, you are correct. And honestly, the diehard UGA fans [who never even stepped foot on the campus] are almost as bad as those Crimsen Tide fans [who never steppend inside a Bama classroom]. AND BOTH ARE ANNOYING AS HELL! :rolleyes:

But....AND.....THIS just speaks to what we are talking about:

Tuskegee football coach said he received death threats amid social media post about Nick Saban

Reginald Ruffin wanted to give context to comments that he said were "misconstrued" by online critics.

Ruffin, who described himself as “a good friend” of Saban, suggested on Facebook in a post that since has been removed that the Crimson Tide play a rotating schedule among FCS HBCUs in the state of Alabama amid allegations by Saban that Jackson State and Texas A&M leveraged NIL deals to acquire recruits. The longtime HBCU coach said the post, which drew national media attention, mischaracterized his opinion.

“I grew up in the state,” said Ruffin, who was a standout defensive end and linebacker at North Alabama before jumping into coaching at Miles and Tuskegee. “I’m well aware of the tradition (of Alabama football) and what happens. I don’t do anything to cause any damage to anybody. It wasn’t about black or white. It was about opportunity.”

Ruffin said some of the feedback — mostly from Alabama supporters — claimed that he was “extorting money from the University of Alabama” and that he “don’t run coach.”

Another commenter suggested that Ruffin “just watch yourself, buddy.”

certifiable? yeah!!!😬

;)Dahill, you are correct. And honestly, the diehard UGA fans [who never even stepped foot on the campus] are almost as bad as those Crimsen Tide fans [who never steppend inside a Bama classroom]. AND BOTH ARE ANNOYING AS HELL! :rolleyes:
So now you have to step foot inside a classroom to be a fan? So should only people who stepped inside a HBCU classroom be a HBCU fan?

That type of thinking came about when Billy Bob and them started fighting and shooting each other during and after the Iron Bowls. It was initially used as a way to say "dude, chill out".

😄 C'mon, Dahill....you know what I mean. Sure, anyone can be a fan regardless of affiliation. But with some of these Bama/UGA folks, its damn near like a CULT. 😬Didn't some brother shoot a relative last year OVER A CRIMSEN TIDE GAME? That kinda chit right there is what I'm talkin about. And not sure WHO sent threats to Ruffin, but for real....folks get waaaay carried away about 'THEIR' team....IJS.

This is BLACK BAMA behavior. He grew up in Alabama.

If he thinks the fate of TU going D1 rests on being subsidized by BAMA, they need to stay D2.

So now you have to step foot inside a classroom to be a fan? So should only people who stepped inside a HBCU classroom be a HBCU fan?

No. A lot of HBCU fans in MS never went to an HBCU. But they are black supporting black.

Some of them are changing as well sadly. Its so many down there claiming LSU... lol They still dont touch MS State and Ole Miss tho... lol

It's just weird behavior to ME. It would never cross our minds to put our kids in MS State or Ole Miss gear. My wife went to USM and they are not wearing that either unless they choose to go there. GT either. They can wear what they want when they are grown. But I think when it comes to ATL, many of "us" were disconnected to the AUC schools. They were sorta snooty and came from all over the county. For most HBCUs, the students are from the state and just regular black ppl.

I heard people say they grew up supporting Alabama. To me that is generational and how did it begin? I even heard someone say the first game their parents took them to was a BAMA game. So they just passed right on by AAMU, BAMA State, Miles, Tuskegee, etc...? I grew up an Alcornite. Never had a desire to even look at MS State.

we are so accepting and apologetic - we as a whole don't have that dawg mentality and have believed the color of the clouds are right so we fall right in

I've seen full HBCU families don't want to basically tell their kid to extend the legacy cause they want them to have a choice - especially the mommas who don't like to push the issue. Bama and Auburn families basically tell the kid they're a failure if they don't go there. A lot of HBCU folks won't dare do that but should
Also, Troy, Jax State, UNA, USA, UWA, UAB and UAH graduates are either Bama or Auburn fans. They dream their offsprings go to mostly Bama and some to Auburn. Auburn and their fans have a inferior complex toward Bama and their fans. Great rivalry. Interesting culture!

Out here near me we have 40K students at a soon to be Big 12 school - alot are foreign or first generation of immigrants so they don't have that mentality but there are a few die hards but there are tons who got kicked out, flunked out or couldn't attend Texas A&M or UT but won't let it go and will rep it like they are there - multiply that with several other PWC schools in the area

the issue is in Texas is that the students who are now HBCU targets are growing up way away from HBCUs so they don't get exposed to them on a daily, weekly basis unless you have a parent or someone who is bringing it into the house or taking them there directly. If that's not happening - your in trouble

In a city like Dallas where there's 1 million plus - you have no indirect presence so those folks have no allegiance daily - the hbcu alums who are there live in suburban enclaves where we're not the majority so their getting hit with whatever -

And again - we don't put that pressure on our own to follow in our footsteps like others

Back