TSU folks and PV folks, former all state guard quit team and will come home

T

The Panther Fan

VALPARAISO, INDIANA (TICKER) -- Valparaiso guard Antonio Falu has left the men's basketball team for personal reasons, coach Homer Drew announced Saturday.

Falu, a highly regarded transfer out of San Jacinto (Texas) Junior College, was averaging 12.4 points and 3.1 assists for the Crusaders.

Valparaiso was 11-6 entering Saturday's game at Chicago State.

Falu had some of his best efforts against Valparaiso's toughest opponents, scoring 22 points in a loss at Arizona and 18 in a defeat at Kansas. He played 24 minutes Thursday and scored just two points in a 78-62 loss at Southern Utah.

A native of Puerto Rico, Falu signed with Houston and former coach Clyde Drexler out of high school two seasons ago but did not qualify and was forced to attend junior college.

--------------------------------------------

remember the Chronicle busted him for being to old? I wonder where will he land. He did a great job at San Jac though so ending up at Valpo was a surprise to me.

I would not be surprised if he came on home and enrolled at TSU where he belonged. I might as well rule out PV because he's a local kid and not from Michigan. Plus I doubt he'll play for pennies.

I wonder if I read about him playing at a Nike camp or league (or whatever it is called) last year or two years ago.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I had the opportunity to ball with him that season he was declared ineligible for....I wanna say Waltrip, but not sure.

Anyway.....I was at a gym on the Nawfside of Houston, and he came in with his home boy. Needless to say da dude was off da hook, was ballin like a mutha. He has good height and quickness. He'd be a great pickup for anyone.

bandfan.... i also noticed how most of PV's players were from Michigan (either last year or the year before). Do yall have alumni in Michigan sending you basketball players. Also does PV give scholarships in basketball? I read where you stated earlier that PV doesnt give basketball scholarships, but it is hard for me to believe that Jamaar Miles left AAMU(where he had a full ride) to go to PV(where he didnt have an opportunity to get a full ride).

Same thing happenned here in Huntsville with Marvin Stone. In the back of my head, I wanted to think he would come home and play for AAMU or UAH after he was dismissed from the team at Kentucky. Then I opened the newspaper and cnnsi.com and see there was a big controversy with UK not releasing him to Louisville. They went to court this past weekend and UK finally released him and now he is with Pitino at UL.

Da Hill, several of the Michigan kids came to PV due to their affiliation with Greg Burks' father AAU teams.

They receive a variety of grants and stuff to offset the lack of full ride. But as for books and stuff, I know they have a hard time getting those because I remember Burks' dad writing a letter to the school paper about how hard it was just to get the grant money.

We only give 3 lousy scholarships. That 98 SWAC win was the worst thing that could ever happen. It told folks we can win without a full commitment.

But one thing folks seem to forget is that that team was the last team that featured Houston-area athletes along with Texans.
After that, we went everywhere but Texas.

Back