TSPN's affect on the SWAC in generall?

Yes, Dean Pete & S.U. beat old Billy Joe and FAMU twice in 1995 with the last one on National Television and BJ had it in for the Dean since then and the comment by the Dean didn't help any ("Somebody is going to get embarrassed") BJ & FAMU caught S.U. slipping bad that night. I believe I drinked an entire fifth of liquor that night. I remember at half time, I had to go back to the store and get more liquor to calm my nerves. :lol: :emlaugh: BTW, Earl Holmes FAMU current coach was on the worse end of that double beat down because he played his behind off in both of those games....like a man possessed but it wasn't enough.

Anywho, interesting topic and conversation......

The 1995 games also led to Billy Joe's Gulf Coast quick strike offense...there's a profile of the GCO which Earl Holmes mentions that...it's on FAMU's athletic site

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, I knew about the board in 98 but did not register until 2000. I loved the SMACK between schools and never really thought anyone took it seriously until that Rudy Washington situation. I remember a JSU poster who was lawyer casually mentioned Commissioner Rudy taking money and I simply asked a question to the tune of did he really take that amount? The next day, I saw in a couple of news outlets where Rudy was defending himself, threatening to sue or something because of allegations from this website that said he took whatever amount was posted in that thread. After I read the paper, I went back online and discovered that the JSU poster (JST) had deleted his comments and made a reply as if he was clearing Rudy of anything that he might have allegedly done and another person who had commented on the thread mysteriously had his post deleted all together.

I guess that was my WHAT moment on TSPN. LOL!

Well, I knew about the board in 98 but did not register until 2000. I loved the SMACK between schools and never really thought anyone took it seriously until that Rudy Washington situation. I remember a JSU poster who was lawyer casually mentioned Commissioner Rudy taking money and I simply asked a question to the tune of did he really take that amount? The next day, I saw in a couple of news outlets where Rudy was defending himself, threatening to sue or something because of allegations from this website that said he took whatever amount was posted in that thread. After I read the paper, I went back online and discovered that the JSU poster (JST) had deleted his comments and made a reply as if he was clearing Rudy of anything that he might have allegedly done and another person who had commented on the thread mysteriously had his post deleted all together.

I guess that was my WHAT moment on TSPN. LOL!

The suit states that "Washington's termination is nothing more than a political power play based on misleading and overstated charges." The suit also lists rumors circulated about Washington, some on The SWAC Page Internet Message Board (www.swacpage.com), an independent website not run by the conference, which accuse Washington of stealing $1.5 million and labeled him "a crook, thief, con artist and scammer."

http://onnidan.com/bcsp/744/stry7441.htm

:lol:

I remember those good ole days...

I recall the first thread I read that had me cracking up:

The thread was titled: "Mommy, why is there a trash dump on side of the road?" When you click on to the thread... "No baby, that's just Jackson State University."

Now don't get mad at me JSU. :lol:

The thread was titled: "Mommy, why is there a trash dump on side of the road?" When you click on to the thread... "No baby, that's just Jackson State University."

LOL.

:lol::lol:

The smack was good back then. Nowadays, its mostly two bit name calling. :retard:

:lol::lol:

The smack was good back then. Nowadays, its mostly two bit name calling. :retard:

Yes, there used to be actual stories along with pictures and scripts with thought provoking comedy. Now, all you get is just like you said, the name calling. :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
C-LeB28 said:
Now, all you get is just like you said, the name calling.

Which reminds me, Kenn how's that ignore button coming? :read:

Last edited:
Thanks Kenn, I was able to improve my photography with the SWACPAGE comments - remember the Jeanstudy shots - we have come a long way!!!

You missed a good one bruh. Another good one was the Brown Hornet by Bama St and The Spoon and Puddin war. It was an all out battle of the sexes. :lmao: The women left the page and said they would never return. Then they came back cussing. :lmao: It was all love though.
I missed that one lol

Yeah I was there for that game. FAMU scored first, then our returner got blasted on the ensuing kickoff for a scoop and score ... By halfway through the third quarter, I knew FAMU's fight song by heart...LOL...

I started coming on here in undergrad around '98 because my adviser in school told me about it. Been coming through here since.

LOL, I remember us talking about it back then. I was at that FAMU game too. Hypest staduim I have ever been in, hands down. We got the hell beat out of us. Then for years I had to live down the statement someone made that I got the credit for.

Last edited:
"Cuddy buddies", "spoons" and "puddins". :lol:

:lmao:

I remember being a junior at Bama State when I joined the board around 98. I was in the computer lab almost everyday laughing my behind off. It was so much better than the "official" SWAC board. What I like about this place is that it allows us to remove that veil of secrecy that is so prevalent at HBCUs. The good, bad and the ugly is revealed here. Someone needs to challenge these administrators, coaches, ADs, etc.

Thanks for this board Kenn.

I brought this thread back up on purpose.

I'm thinking that a podcast series would be appropriate to chronicle some of the unbelievable stories that could be told about this website/message board and the impact it has had on the SWAC, HBCU athletics, and beyond.

Do you guys remember the 1998 band brawl between PV and SU in Beaumont, TX (at Lamar University) that made NATIONAL headlines? (CNN, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, etc.) Many blamed me for running a band poll that ended with PV winning the poll (SU finished in 2nd place) and coincidently the poll ended on the very week that SU and PV were scheduled to play against each other.

Long story short, after the dust settled, Tom Joyner had invited Prof. Edwards (PV band director at the time) to discuss the incident. Dr. Edwards indicated on the TJMS that PV's band had won the "SWACPage.com Band of the Year poll" (The website crashed after he said that on the national airwaves later that day). Anyway, while Edwards was doing the interview, the folks in Baton Rouge were listening. And they were getting pissed because they wanted to know why didn't Tom Joyner contact Dr. Greggs to get his side of the story.

I want to say that Joyner said that his staff had reached out to Greggs to invite him on the show, but they had never heard back from him. He made it clear that Greggs was welcome to come on at any time to tell his side of what went down, but folks in BR wasn't having that and took action. Them folks contacted the local station that aired the TJMS and told the station to take it off and that if they didn't they boycott the local station. The local station said, "OK." And because of that, the TJMS could not be heard in the Baton Rouge market. It took years for them to get the TJMS back in Baton Rouge.

And to think, it was all because of some Internet band poll.

"The SWAC Page" history is Black History - LMAO!!!!

Back