TSPN's affect on the SWAC in generall?

Devil's Gun Trigger Man

onward and upward son!
From it's inception in the 90's, The SWAC Page has always been a place where people go to debate, vent, ridicule, and etc. We have seen many issues as a conference as a whole, and sometimes this page has been tangled in it. Whether ya'll know it or not, I know for a fact that coaches read the boards as well as SWAC office people. My question is, what do you think has been the enduring affect of TSPN, if any on the conference in general in it's 15+ year history?

If coaches and/or administration read this forum, then there is a most definite affect. Myself and you are affected either negatively or positively with any information we receive.

If coaches and/or administration read this forum, then there is a most definite affect. Myself and you are affected either negatively or positively with any information we receive.

If they read...it's for entertainment purposes only.

You are assuming they know how to READ!
From it's inception in the 90's, The SWAC Page has always been a place where people go to debate, vent, ridicule, and etc. We have seen many issues as a conference as a whole, and sometimes this page has been tangled in it. Whether ya'll know it or not, I know for a fact that coaches read the boards as well as SWAC office people. My question is, what do you think has been the enduring affect of TSPN, if any on the conference in general in it's 15+ year history?

Absolutely nothing. Carry on....

I agree.

If they are reading...then clearly it's for entertaining purposes only. Which is unfortunate because there are some good ideas and comments about the SWAC posted on TSPN. But because the SWAC appears to continue to make the same dumb decisions and it doesn't appear that the SWAC is moving forward any time soon...I don't think the folks reading are taking the comments serious.

My question is, what do you think has been the enduring affect of TSPN, if any on the conference in general in it's 15+ year history?

Hmmmm....Let's see.

When TSPN (The SWAC Page) was established, the SWAC had yet to establish an official online presence. I remember the letters I would get from then commissioner James Frank threatening to sue. I even got a call from someone in the office demanding that "SWAC" be removed from the page title. They stated that they were being infringed. My reply to them was, if you are going to sue me for using an acronym, you might want to sue these guys too.

Then there was the request - again from James Frank - asking that I remove the member school logos that were being used on the website at the time. Again, threatening to sue me. My response back to them was since you do not own the rights to the logos, I will honor that request ONLY if it comes from the school that owns the logo rights.

Rudy Washington used to call me at home, sometimes demanding that certain things (criticisms posted by you all) be removed because he didn't think it would help the overall image of the conference. Of course, he eventually created an account with the intention of interacting with the board members; but eventually got into an epic one-on-one argument with Get Ready. :lol:

I actually thought Rudy was somewhat cool. However, I was later informed by a former SWAC staffer that he hated this website and spent countless hours on the phone with lawyers trying to find legal ways to shut it down.

Of course we all know about Pete Richardson's "somebody going get embarrassed" moment.

Then there was the meeting with Robert Vowels and former staffer Jay Roberson (both were in Dallas on business) who invited me to lunch to discuss the possibility of making The SWAC Page the OFFICIAL website for the conference. I thought it was a joke at first, but Vowels was serious. Needless to say, it didn't go far. The presidents were not on board with that idea. :lol:

That's just some of the more memorable moments. There are still the hundreds of email that I've received from SWAC presidents, VPs, ADs, SIDs, head and assistant coaches and the parents of student athletes. That still doesn't include the email that I've gotten from other reporters, talk show hosts, ESPN/Fox Sports/NBC Sports/CNN producers and so on.

So yeah....I think we've had an impact of some sort. - LOL

Hmmmm....Let's see.

When TSPN (The SWAC Page) was established, the SWAC had yet to establish an official online presence. I remember the letters I would get from then commissioner James Frank threatening to sue. I even got a call from someone in the office demanding that "SWAC" be removed from the page title. They stated that they were being infringed. My reply to them was, if you are going to sue me for using an acronym, you might want to sue these guys too.

Then there was the request - again from James Frank - asking that I remove the member school logos that were being used on the website at the time. Again, threatening to sue me. My response back to them was since you do not own the rights to the logos, I will honor that request ONLY if it comes from the school that owns the logo rights.

Rudy Washington used to call me at home, sometimes demanding that certain things (criticisms posted by you all) be removed because he didn't think it would help the overall image of the conference. Of course, he eventually created an account with the intention of interacting with the board members; but eventually got into an epic one-on-one argument with Get Ready. :lol:

I actually thought Rudy was somewhat cool. However, I was later informed by a former SWAC staffer that he hated this website and spent countless hours on the phone with lawyers trying to find legal ways to shut it down.

Of course we all know about Pete Richardson's "somebody going get embarrassed" moment.

Then there was the meeting with Robert Vowels and former staffer Jay Roberson (both were in Dallas on business) who invited me to lunch to discuss the possibility of making The SWAC Page the OFFICIAL website for the conference. I thought it was a joke at first, but Vowels was serious. Needless to say, it didn't go far. The presidents were not on board with that idea. :lol:

That's just some of the more memorable moments. There are still the hundreds of email that I've received from SWAC presidents, VPs, ADs, SIDs, head and assistant coaches and the parents of student athletes. That still doesn't include the email that I've gotten from other reporters, talk show hosts, ESPN/Fox Sports/NBC Sports/CNN producers and so on.

Ahem...

Very Good Thread DGTM....

TSPNSPORTS helps break up a system that has been detrimental in the HBCU world: Buddy System. See, if I went Alcorn now and cussed someone out for that sorry schedule, they would just blow me out like a lit match. They would use excuses such as do you give, who are you, I am in charge, etc. TSPN keeps fire on that ass. When other schools chime in to say, you are stupid, they listen.

Hmmmm....Let's see.

For us members of the media, TSPN has been a great go-to source for tips and what not. There has been a good number of times you'd hear things posted in here being repeated by local media.

Wasn't there a post on here that led to FAMU beating the living day lights out of Southern back in 99 lol

Trust me, there are more people who read these boards than you think

Man yall can say what you want but there is more logic on the TSPN than in most of the administrations on our campus. I bet if everybody who posted got together and started TSPN University and became employees...President, VPs, AD, faculty, etc....we would recruit better than any school in the SWAC...and probably have better academics....:lol:

Man yall can say what you want but there is more logic on the TSPN than in most of the administrations on our campus. I bet if everybody who posted got together and started TSPN University and became employees...President, VPs, AD, faculty, etc....we would recruit better than any school in the SWAC...and probably have better academics....:lol:

True!

Then we have some posters who couldn't keep a lemonade stand in Africa profitable. :lol:

Hmmmm....Let's see.

Absolutely,

I've been around since 1998 and I've logged on every single day since! Thanks Kenn for the page. :clap:

Hmmmm....Let's see.

Man it's some real history with this site, and I know I've seen a good bit of it. I do think it serves to pull the cover off of things that schools/administrations don't want seen. I look at it as almost a conscience on the SWAC's shoulder that will call it out whenever it sees or perceives something as foul.

P.S. Whenever you write the book or do the movie, you know where to find me.

Man it's some real history with this site, and I know I've seen a good bit of it. I do think it serves to pull the cover off of things that schools/administrations don't want seen. I look at it as almost a conscience on the SWAC's shoulder that will call it out whenever it sees or perceives something as foul.

Duer Sharp just loves this site. :lol:

P.S. Whenever you write the book or do the movie, you know where to find me.

:lol: :tup:

Absolutely,

I've been around since 1998 and I've logged on every single day since! Thanks Kenn for the page. :clap:

Same here! I remember being in undergrad in 1998 when AAMU first joined the SWAC.... EVERY computer in the computer lab use to be on the swacpage lol. There aren't too many days I haven't logged on in the last 15 years.

Same here! I remember being in undergrad in 1998 when AAMU first joined the SWAC.... EVERY computer in the computer lab use to be on the swacpage lol. There aren't too many days I haven't logged on in the last 15 years.

I remember that. I also remember when you all would give me hell about adding your logo to the site when you guys became a member. :lol:

When I first signed to JSU in 2003, this was the first site I looked up. Man, during the Bell error, this page was straight comedy. :lol:.... I attempted to sign up back in 2004 and ended up not getting approved to 2008.

People have met on this site, gotten married and started families. People have found other family members. Others have networked and found jobs. I was even mentioned as a job reference for one person, who eventually got the job.

Back