Netflix: Top Boy

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
A while back ago, I posted thread that I couldn't find about this series that is on Netflix. Many of you were not familiar with it. As it's cult following continued to grow, Drake bought the rights and became executive producer. Those that have checked it out have vouched that it is a tight series. A good sister that I know of in the UK confirmed with me the realness of it all. Even though it's being called Season 2. This is really a 4th installment that will premier in a day or two (again on Netflix).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9MSHl40z-g

Last edited:

WOW!!! I didn’t expect that ending! I hope it was just a dream. Great show!!!
Bruh, I actually just finished watching the last episode about an hour ago. A whole lot I could say but I will just echo the word you just said, and yes, regarding those last 10 seconds.... WOW!

...Season 5 and the very last is about to go down at the start of next month. Some people still don't know about the show but those that I've personally told this about and went ahead and checked it out have not been disappointed.

That last scene in the previous season with Jamie was as still shocking as a scene can get. As I've alluded to on several posts, only various scenes from the Wire have had me feeling this way. I can only imagine the repercussions that will now take place from the actions of such a memorable character.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLYZ7OsymE

Last edited:
Finally finished it, MAN!!!!! I kinda figured it was going to end like that. But it didn't have to. They had choices that could've led them in a totally different direction. There was only on choice I was happy about. I enjoyed the show and I hope some lessons were learned from it.

Finally finished it, MAN!!!!! I kinda figured it was going to end like that. But it didn't have to. They had choices that could've led them in a totally different direction. There was only on choice I was happy about. I enjoyed the show and I hope some lessons were learned from it.
Ok, I finally found the time to binge and check it out. I had seen mixed reviews from various peeps before watching it. Yet in summary, I enjoyed it as it was very dramatic and intense.

More random thoughts...

...Whereas all of the seasons made it seemed as if Dushane was the main character, Sully no doubt was the one for me this time. They definitely gave him "Boogie Man" type mystique of no one can get away with anything around him.

...Meanwhile, Dushane character was definitely taken down a notch as he no longer seemed the more clever of the two, evident by how he went out at the end.

...Was it me? Did they imply that the white woman Lizzie and the Attorney was possibly in on the 15 million that was taken away from Dushane. That seemed like one of the rare times in this series where peeps who did wrong did not get served justice.

...As I saw peeps debating about who killed Sully at the end, I was gathering that it would have had to have been Si getting back for being humiliated. Now that I saw everything from the beginning, the way that person came through, I'm thinking it could have been Jaq. Either one would have been justified.

...The Top Boys did all that hustle, season after season, and went through so much. Yet in the end, they still had nothing or were monsters indeed like Sully spoke of. With that being said, my favorite line was by Stefan when he said, "You ain't worth it." Glad he went out on a positive note,

...Lastly, I heard how the writers so desperately wanted to bring the young man that played Ra'Neil back. I still wonder what they would have had in mind. His character still stands out from earlier seasons.

Bravo to the writers and actors for a great series!

Back