TO

Olde Hornet

Will he show up? Will eagles give in to his threats?

I hope not in both cases - it will be an interesting summer in Eagles land.

TO is in PA and in route to the Eagles training camp - with Drew in tow with him. He will report tonight, attend the team meeting and will have a private meeting tomorrow with Andy Reid and the team president.

I just posted something earlier regarding Hines Ward and the Steelers and how that situation further highlights what TO and Walker have been saying. Hines is the 40th paid receiver in the NFL with a year left on his contract and the Steelers to this point have done nothing.

In the next Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) look for the players union to look for more concession in regards to guaranteed contracts, if that is something that Gene Upshaw can produce, he will be out as union head.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AHHHHHHHH Philli...................GIVE IN...................... :look:

They can talk all the shat they want, but the numbers don't lie .............. like TO or not.

:spin: :spin: :spin:

14 touchdowns by 1 receiver. :idea:
3 touchdowns by the other 3. :look:

1230 yards on 78 catches by 1 receiver in 11 games. :idea:
1260 yards on 80 catches by the other 3 in 16 games. :look:

Numbers dont lie.

And I keep hearing people on TV saying they have won without TO before and they can still do so. The Eagles did win "games" but it was TO's presence that helped get them over the hump (and they still have not won) and the other factor that helps the Eagles during this span of 4 years is that the NFC is very weak.

You can read the entire article at the link below - free, but registration required.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/12297137.htm

Posted on Thu, Aug. 04, 2005

Owens sheds headphones and gets mixed reception

By Bob Brookover

Inquirer Staff Writer

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The crowd couldn't make up its mind.

At 8:40 a.m. yesterday, when Terrell Owens emerged from behind the doors of the A. Haigh Cundey Field House, fans who had nothing but love for the star receiver a year ago at Lehigh University bombarded the Eagles' unhappiest camper with boos.

Without the stylish headphones he uses for the dual purpose of listening to music and blocking out the media, Owens had to hear his first rude greeting from Eagles fans. But he never acknowledged it.

Undaunted by the crowd's fury, Owens made a left turn when he reached the Goodman Campus practice fields and headed straight up a sideline, where a new set of bleachers were installed for this camp. Quickly, many boos turned to cheers as Owens continued his jog without acknowledgment.

That's pretty much how things went for T.O. in his first public appearance in an Eagles uniform since his sensational Super Bowl performance was soiled for many by his off-season contract complaints.

Cheers and boos. Cheers and boos.

Cheers when he caught a 5-yard out from quarterback Donovan McNabb with nobody covering him. Boos when he dropped a pass a few minutes later.

In a scene reminiscent of his first public outing in an Eagles uniform a year ago at Lehigh, Owens eventually played to the crowd. After running with the first-team offense and avoiding all personal contact with McNabb and most of his other teammates, Owens retreated to the sidelines and started waving to the crowd.

The "T.O." chant that sounds so much like a rhythmic ode to an English soccer team echoed through the Lehigh Valley. Owens threw a white Eagles towel into the crowd.

For a brief moment, T.O. seemed happy again.

How he truly felt remained a secret to all but his inner circle, which includes his mother, Marilyn Heard. After an afternoon workout conducted in searing heat, she accompanied him in the players' parking lot.

T.O.'s silence reached three days - unless you count his late-afternoon interview with Channel 6, one in which he revealed close to nothing. Owens said his family convinced him to attend training camp and that "God put me in the situation to go out here and still play the game. That's why I'm here."

The family speech?

"They said to stay strong throughout everything," Owens said. "They know it is not fair, and we're honest about it."

Asked if he would play to his maximum capacity, Owens said: "I'm here in camp, and that's all I can say."

Reid and McNabb had little to say about the wide receiver.

Asked if the T.O. Show distracted the team, Reid insisted that he "didn't notice anything."

Everbody is talking about T.O., but what about Westbrook? That is the guy that Andy Reid is worried about most (and for good reason). When is he's going to come to camp?

Blacknbengal said:
Everbody is talking about T.O., but what about Westbrook? That is the guy that Andy Reid is worried about most (and for good reason). When is he's going to come to camp?

He will be in camp on Monday Aug. 8th.

I bet this is a ploy to get what he wants -maybe he will be out all season:

You can read the entire article at:
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/12306493.htm
T.O. injury no ploy, Reid says

The receiver's groin pull is "a legitimate injury" and not contract-related, the Eagles coach said.

By Bob Brookover and Marc Narducci

Inquirer Staff Writers

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Andy Reid decided to stop another Terrell Owens controversy before it started.

The star receiver left the practice field with an inflamed left groin yesterday during the Eagles' morning practice at Lehigh University. He was initially treated by the training staff underneath the medical tent in the middle of the practice fields, then was carted into the locker room.

Owens attended the Eagles' afternoon practice, but he did not participate.

Given the wide receiver's admitted unhappiness over his contract situation, the injury could have fueled speculation that Owens just didn't want to practice. Reid made sure that didn't happen with a strong defense of his No. 1 receiver.

"T.O. has a history with his groin," the coach said. "He has strained his groin. It's a legitimate injury. Anybody should put to rest anything you are thinking. It's a legitimate injury. This guy would never do that. He's not that type of guy that would ever go that direction. That is my statement to you."

Though the injury is not thought to be serious, Reid said the Eagles would carefully watch Owens.

"I'm being cautious about it," the coach said. "I don't want it to get worse."

Owens did not comment about the injury.

Reid said Owens had groin problems at various times last season.

"It's a constant battle," Reid said. "He has had a chronic history of this and he works like crazy to get it strong, but it's an issue and we work through it."

The Eagles should had dump that inept Todd pinkston and signed former Seattle Seahawks Wideout Koren Robinson. I agree the media is focusing too much on Terrel "diva" Owens, instead of Westbrook. Eagles made terrible mistake in off-season by sigining or drafting bigtime runningback. Westbrook is good third down back, but he don't have what it takes to be an every down back like Shaun Alexander or Travis Herny..

Back