Tina Turner, 'Queen of Rock n Roll', dies aged 83

Tina Turner - one of rock's great vocalists and most charismatic performers - has died aged 83, her spokesperson has confirmed.

In a statement, they said: "Tina Turner, the 'Queen of Rock'n Roll' has died peacefully today at the age of 83 after a long illness in her home in Kusnacht near Zurich, Switzerland.

"With her, the world loses a music legend and a role model."

The US-born star was one of the great female rock singers, known for her electric on-stage presence and a string of hits including The Best, Proud Mary, Private Dancer and What's Love Got to Do With It.

She first found fame in the 1960s alongside ex-husband Ike Turner, with the classic song River Deep, Mountain High among their repertoire.

The domestic abuse Ike subjected his wife to was documented in a 1993 Hollywood biopic starring Angela Bassett, which won three Oscars.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
the best tina GIF by London Theatre Direct

I am so happy that she found someone who really cared for her!

Anna Mae Bullock you live a good life!

RIP

Rest In Peace Condolences GIF

Last edited:
RIP...I admit as a kid, I didn't understand her style. I remember watching the movie "Tommy" and she among many just had me confused. Of course, being 4 or 5 year old, such a movie could indeed confuse you. LOL....

Over the years and now being the music fanatic that I am, I absolutely adore what she did, her style and all. Much respect!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tina had the sexist legs on a woman that ever existed. Did yall know her legs were under a million dollar insurance policy?

Back