This is why we should hate the Saints

Rated R Superstar

NFL’s Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis.
Attorneys for about two dozen men suing the church say in court filings that the 276 documents they obtained through discovery show that the NFL team, whose owner is devoutly Catholic, aided the Archdiocese of New Orleans in its “pattern and practice of concealing its crimes.”
“Obviously, the Saints should not be in the business of assisting the Archdiocese, and the Saints’ public relations team is not in the business of managing the public relations of criminals engaged in pedophilia,” the attorneys wrote in a court filing. “The Saints realize that if the documents at issue are made public, this professional sports organization also will be smearing itself.”

NFL’s Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis.
Attorneys for about two dozen men suing the church say in court filings that the 276 documents they obtained through discovery show that the NFL team, whose owner is devoutly Catholic, aided the Archdiocese of New Orleans in its “pattern and practice of concealing its crimes.”
“Obviously, the Saints should not be in the business of assisting the Archdiocese, and the Saints’ public relations team is not in the business of managing the public relations of criminals engaged in pedophilia,” the attorneys wrote in a court filing. “The Saints realize that if the documents at issue are made public, this professional sports organization also will be smearing itself.”

Hate the Saints over this??? Really?

At worst, involved employees may likely get terminated for behavior detrimental to the organization. What would take this to an extreme level for me is if it is determined that Gayle Benson or someone helped conceal clergy wrongdoing and the emails reference that.

Until then chill with the over the top hot takes, bruh. :cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tom and Gayle are deeeep in the Catholic Church. Tom went to Brother Martin before it was called Brother Martin. The Catholic League schools are the intersections of power and prestige in NOLA.

It would be foolish to dismiss the notion that Ms. Gayle didn't know anything. And looking at Gayle's track record ... I wouldn't put it past her.

Last edited:
Hmmm, some folks in the Catholic Church continue to be the apex of embarrassment. Besides the egregious and sick sexual abuse, some of these Catholic politicians make me want to puke. I don't condone the B.S. as many other Catholics do not. To be associated with a cover-up IMHO is just as sick as the act. Why would personnel from the Saints want to be associated with it is beyond me.

Back