The USFL is coming back

Mekhi Brown (2nd Round)
Malik Hamner (4th)

The USFL drafts positions by each round (QBs 1st round, DL 2nd-4th)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am going be labeled a hater, but what is the purpose of this "league" besides the potential to make rich people more rich? At some point you have to realize that it is over, time to let it go. Did we not go to class? Please tell me what I don't know.

Last edited:
I am going be labeled a hater, but what is the purpose of this "league" besides the potential to make rich people more rich? At some point you have to realize that it is over, time to let it go. Did we not go to class? Please tell me what I don't know.
Like some said earlier.....maybe it can serve as a somewhat of a staging ground for some of the younger HBCU guys who didn't get drafted into the NFL to shine on this stage and get noticed. That's what I'm hoping for. Since we're not getting many combine invites from HBCU's maybe some NFL scouts will be watching these guys to find some diamonds in the rough. We'll see.

It’s a chance to play a game for ten weeks and possibly make 50k. If you get another side job that could put you in a good spot financially then working a entry level job. Also just like all the other startups it gets you a chance to make it to the NFL or Canadian League where you can make 6 figures minimum.

Like some said earlier.....maybe it can serve as a somewhat of a staging ground for some of the younger HBCU guys who didn't get drafted into the NFL to shine on this stage and get noticed. That's what I'm hoping for. Since we're not getting many combine invites from HBCU's maybe some NFL scouts will be watching these guys to find some diamonds in the rough. We'll see.
It’s a chance to play a game for ten weeks and possibly make 50k. If you get another side job that could put you in a good spot financially then working a entry level job. Also just like all the other startups it gets you a chance to make it to the NFL or Canadian League where you can make 6 figures minimum.

I didn't even think about it like this but it is a great point. Plus they will be in Birmingham for the regular season so that money will stretch further than in most of their cities or the CFL

More than half the guys drafted last night had multiple NFL camp invites, was on the practice squad of one or more teams or actually played in some games. There will be multiple guys from the USFL who will end up being on someone's roster because of these league and I'm not about discouraging someone from chasing their dream

I didn't even think about it like this but it is a great point. Plus they will be in Birmingham for the regular season so that money will stretch further than in most of their cities or the CFL

More than half the guys drafted last night had multiple NFL camp invites, was on the practice squad of one or more teams or actually played in some games. There will be multiple guys from the USFL who will end up being on someone's roster because of these league and
I'm not about discouraging someone from chasing their dream
Yep!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man this looks like the HBCU league! I like it!

That's why I am always in favor of more (American) football because it allows more guys to continue playing football and living out there dreams of hopefully getting to the NFL. Carter (Grambling) was on his way to being a star in the XFL before COVID hit and I'm sure there will be a star or two that will break through in this reincarnation of the USFL

Back