The Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite from Alcorn State University to perform in the 2025 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

Olde Hornet

Congratulations MVSU!

oday, the Alcorn State University Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite, was selected to perform in the 2025 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®, representing the state of Mississippi. This will mark the first Parade appearance by the band. Alcorn State University’s Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite will join the iconic holiday march to the call of “Let’s Have a ParadeTM,” the iconic phrase that has signaled the start of every Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade since 1924.

Each year, the Macy’s Parade Band Committee looks for bands that have the stage presence, musical and marching abilities to captivate millions of live spectators and viewers nationwide. Alcorn State University’s Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite was selected from more than 100 applicants as one of nine selected bands to march in the 99th edition of the annual holiday spectacle. The band will join the revelry along with other iconic Macy’s staples: floats, giant character balloons, clowns and superstar performers galore on Thanksgiving Day 2025, helping to create an unforgettable experience for millions.

“Macy’s is thrilled to invite the Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite to join us for the 2025 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade,” said Sara Flores, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade associate producer. “The band’s dynamic sounds and performance truly wowed during the selection process, and I’m thrilled to invite students from this talented band to perform on a national stage in November 2025.”

“I’m so excited for our students to experience this momentous occasion,” said Dr. Everson Martin, director of bands. “It is a major opportunity for Alcorn State University, the community, and the state of Mississippi. This is the first time our band program will be represented on a stage such as the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and I cannot wait for Thanksgiving Day 2025.”

As part of the announcement, the Macy’s team presented Alcorn State University’s Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite with a $10,000 fundraising kick off.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
Back