The future MS Valley State

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
The health of the SWAC rests on the shoulders of all members. Many of us had high hopes for Vince and Valley but they are still Valley (and the band is getting worse).

Since they have a new AD (I know he wont consider going D2) I hope they schedule better. I think all Valley needs is a chance to build a program. They need to start from scratch. Payout games make no sense for them because the MAIN thing they need is wins to reverse their culture of losing. They need to accept any Classic they can that allows them to make a profit vs a D2 school like the Circle City Classic (now on it's last leg) and maybe try to get into the Southern Heritage.

Also, they need to schedule only SIAC or MEAC schools going forward for non-conference. They don't need automatic OOC losses. At least give the team/school a chance to win at least 6 games. Winning cures all and since Valley is really an D2 school in FCS clothing, games vs Morehouse, Miles, Kentucky State, Langston etc... are more on par with where they need to be. A few winning seasons might bring the fans back. I remember when Valley had proud alums. Now.... 😪 😪

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
1. Rich coming from a school that only got in the SWAC because they had to follow big brother Alabama State

2. I swore that y'all were playing ramling this week and not Valley

3. Considering that you only got 1 win, you would probably finish last in the SIAC as well

The health of the SWAC rests on the shoulders of all members. Many of us had high hopes for Vince and Valley but they are still Valley (and the band is getting worse).

Since they have a new AD (I know he wont consider going D2) I hope they schedule better. I think all Valley needs is a chance to build a program. They need to start from scratch. Payout games make no sense for them because they MAIN thing they need is wins to reverse their culture of losing. They need to accept any Classic they can that allows them to make a profit vs a D2 school like the Circle City Classic (now on it's last leg) and maybe try to get into the Southern Heritage.

Also, they need to schedule only SIAC or MEAC schools going forward for non-conference. They don't need automatic OOC losses. At least give the team/school a chance to win at least 6 games. Winning cures all and since Valley is really an D2 school in FCS clothing, games vs Morehouse, Miles, Kentucky State, Langston etc... are more on par with where they need to be. A few winning seasons might bring the fans back. I remember when Valley had proud alums. Now.... 😪 😪

great post

Valley needs to sue the state for more funding and make the changes they need to make to be a competitive DI program
Why? To have another "Ayers" case just drag out 30 years. Then if you win, in order to receive the money...you will need 25% "non-black" enrollment to get the money. So you may never get the money. Valley must find a way to get it done with minimal state assistance. No HBCU can depend on their state to bail them out.... it won't likely happen.

Why? To have another "Ayers" case just drag out 30 years. Then if you win, in order to receive the money...you will need 25% "non-black" enrollment to get the money. So you may never get the money. Valley must find a way to get it done with minimal state assistance. No HBCU can depend on their state to bail them out.... it won't likely happen.
They made us let white folks in with 2.0 and give them full scholarships.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well technically Valley has proven that they're capable of winning in soccer, softball & basketball. I'm sure the softball & soccer teams would still be dominate if they had the same support as the "cant get right" football program.

1. Rich coming from a school that only got in the SWAC because they had to follow big brother Alabama State

2. I swore that y'all were playing ramling this week and not Valley

3. Considering that you only got 1 win, you would probably finish last in the SIAC as well
1. The LARGEST public school in the state is BIG BROTHER
2. AAMU didnt start this thread
3. You wouldnt have ONE win with our schedule….

Well technically Valley has proven that they're capable of winning in soccer, softball & basketball. I'm sure the softball & soccer teams would still be dominate if they had the same support as the "cant get right" football program.
Capable aint gonna cut it. Strib worked magic and so did Woods. you know how long ago that has been?

Back