Texas Southern University plans 800-student dorm

DasuavestBalla

Houston- Texas Southern University has announced plans for a $41 million on campus dormitory capable of housing about 800 students. Spokeswomen Eva Pickens said Monday that TSU regents recently approved plans for a seven story, 215,000 square foot complex.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/12/4407112/texas-southern-university-plans.html?storylink=addthis&fb_action_ids=4822542761388&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%224822542761388%22%3A548017971879430%7D&action_type_map=%7B%224822542761388%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=[]

Dr. John M. Rudley, TSU’s president , stated, “For the last two years the university has been working on a pilot project where freshman students are living on campus in a 24-hour, seven days a week environment, which includes participation in community, cultural and educational events. We’re seeing the difference this concept makes in our retention rates and student successes in class. On campus housing can result in an increase in our graduation rates and keep students focused on graduating on time. An additional 800 beds, will allow us to house nearly all of our incoming freshman students on campus.”

Currently the university has 6 student housing complexes; Urban Academic Village, Lanier East, Lanier West, University Courtyard, Tierwester I and Tierwester II. There are 1300 students living in campus housing.

TSU’s Board of Regents approved the new student housing at their regular meeting held Oct. 25th, 2012. The university utilized a new federal financing initiative for the project and received a 2.25% interest rate.

http://www.tsu.edu/About/Administrat...TSUsFuture.php

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:tup:
Long overdue for more on campus housing.

Glad they are going with the dormitory style over apartment styled.

:tup:
Long overdue for more on campus housing.

Glad they are going with the dormitory style over apartment styled.

I was surprised with that myself. Seems like everyone have been going with the apt style housing instead of the old dormitory style housing. I wonder how they gonna take having to share a bathroom with 4 people.

Back