Texas Southern at Rice Game Thread: 6:00pm CT

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
To listen to the Texas Southern Broadcast: click here
To listen to the Rice Broadcast: click here

Game Time: 6:00pm CT
TV/Stream: ESPN+

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!

The smack policy will be HEAVILY enforced. Ignoring it WILL result in an immediate ban from the sports board WITHOUT notice.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
Gotta' give props to rice gameday ops. They ALWAYS make it accomodating for us when we visit.

This has to be the best gameday experience I have ever had. I got on 59N and exited Shepherd(TX) after considering PV and came right on to htown to support sTu as they raise the HBCU flag to beatdown rice.

rice's O lives on sTu's side of the field for a quarter and a half. sTu's O cannot get it together and cross the 50.

rice's O lives on sTu's side of the field for a quarter and a half. sTu's O cannot get it together and cross the 50.
This play calling and reads in the RPO are killing me. There have not been any passing plays over middle, and the QB has missed his read on a few of those runs. It was his ball to keep on three of those runs.

Oh well, a damn pick six. You should have went to Natitoches man.

Last edited:
This play calling and reads in the RPO are killing me. There have not been any passing plays over middle, and the QB had missed his read on a few of those runs. It was his ball to keep on three of those runs.

Oh well, a damn pick six. You should have went to Natitoches man.
Sheeeeeeiiiiiitttt naw. Traveling those woods late at night is a recipe for pre-deer season activity.

I'm HIGHLY pissed looking at this "SWAC ball" being played. rice was ripe for the picking.

Another long run. smh 1st and goal rice. WTHHHHH???!!!! 😡

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
You love lying to them folks lol
I didn't shoot a ghost this time, Nas. From where I sat, sTu was clicking on all 16 cylinders, except for that punt game which I alluded to last week. They looked the part and I just knew they were going to throttle rice smh.

rice manhandled sTu like I never saw sTu manhandled before. Domination from opening kick until 3rd qrtr, when I left.

Rice players were simply stronger and faster than we were. In addition in did not help that on at least two touchdowns the receiver held in front of the official and no call. Even though Rice is a doormat, they are a doormat in a FBS conference. We e played without our #1QB& our best linebacker. Even with with that I was still proud that our team kept fighting.

Did anyone attending the game see the big ass balloon practice facility outside the stadium. Now go 30 minutes east and see the new weight room. this is the difference. Rice is on the low end of their competition, In football we are in the low end of our league. the win against PV was legit and i believe we will play better in our league.

Man. Tou gh terrible loss.That hurt somewhat. Idk what to do about 27-9 last week...somehow I will remember that feeling. Go Tigers! 🫠

Man. Tou gh terrible loss.That hurt somewhat. Idk what to do about 27-9 last week...somehow I will remember that feeling. Go Tigers! 🫠
We are a long way from being ready to compete against a team picked to finish 7th, in a fourteen member FBS conference. In a couple of weeks we'll back in the FCS lane, and will look better as a result.

Two things happened last week. PV slept on us and we're better than a year ago.

Last edited:
We are a long way from being ready to compete against a team picked to finish 7th, in a fourteen member FBS conference. In a couple of weeks we'll back in the FCS lane, and will look better as a result.

Two things happened last week. PV slept on us and we're better than a year ago.

They sure as L didn’t sleep on NWST 😆 😆 😆

Back