Texans thinking of trading #1 pick

They should trade down.
Get D Williams as a RB....a more quality pro style RB
The get some help other places.

It's all postering.....every team will be looking at trading their pick for something better.

I have been saying the Texans should trade this pick for over a month. They should trade down with the Jets and select OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4 and get additional picks from the Jets.

it makes all the sense in the world for the Texans to trade the pick. Trade down with the Jets for John Abraham and then draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Guess what, you have just helped both sides of the football. Abraham is an outstanding LB/DE and what scheme is he used to? 3-4 yeah that's right. They need someone to protect Carr's blindside.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
it makes all the sense in the world for the Texans to trade the pick. Trade down with the Jets for John Abraham and then draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Guess what, you have just helped both sides of the football. Abraham is an outstanding LB/DE and what scheme is he used to? 3-4 yeah that's right. They need someone to protect Carr's blindside.

The Texans won't be running the 3-4 next year. That traveshamockery went out the door with Dom and Vic. I still think the line isn't as big a priority as many think. Although I believe we need a solid pickup on the line, I honestly feel that more of their problems this year came from scheme than personnel. They tinkered with the offense in the offseason just as it was coming together, and blew up the defense, and ended up 2-14.

Now today, they released Tony Banks, Marcus Coleman, and Tony Hollings. Now everyone is gonna say we are getting Vince Young to fill the now vacant spot on the QB roster.

s phi s said:
The Texans won't be running the 3-4 next year. That traveshamockery went out the door with Dom and Vic.

Thank GOD!! That's where John Abraham or AJ Hawk come in.

My Steelers run the 3-4 better than anyone because they have the personnel and the GENERAL MANAGER to do it.

s phi s said:
Now today, they released Tony Banks, Marcus Coleman, and Tony Hollings. Now everyone is gonna say we are getting Vince Young to fill the now vacant spot on the QB roster.

Marcus Coleman was the only one worth anything on that list....when he is sober.

I know you feel the TE position is the main reason for the OL looking so bad. The pick they have in the 2nd round is where they should pick up a TE...this is a good draft for TEs.

Exactly...Don't get me wrong. Our line is not GOOD. But they are better than protrayed. Basically, that same line got better every year after that 1st one until they changed stuff this offseason.
After year 1, I thought they should have scrapped the 3-4. The scheme led to many questionable personnel decisions that they are paying DEARLY for now. Let's not forget that they have been paying TE Benny Joppru to be on IR for the last 3 years. Jason Babin, Philip Buchanon, Victor Riley, Tony Hollings, need I go on???

Yeah they probably need to trade. They need help in several positions and one draft pick will not help them.

Back