TAR HEELS, NATIONAL CHAMPS

northern tiger said:
Those marks won by score. They were out played. If UNC was really that smoove, Illinios would have never been in the game after being up 9-2. The Tar Heels had a double digit lead TWICE and let an undersized team make a come back without their center. Poorly officiated azz ball game. Spud Webb could have played center and had a double - double with the no calls in the paint when Sean May had the ball. That's cool though. My boys showed up last night and represented. Any other team would have laid they azz down under the same circumstances. No bandwagon hopping here. I've been down with Illinois since the days of Ephrem Winters. Like I said, they may have won and gotten the trophy but I was not impressed.

"Poorly officiated"? What about all those illegal screens the Illini were doing in the last 5 minutes of the game? The commentators on CBS even pointed that out. :smh: Illinois had no choice but to shoot 40 3's because of Carolina's zone defense. When Roy told the defense to go back to man-to-man, that's when Illinois came back. Had they kept with the zone the entire second half, Carolina would have easily put up 90+ on the Illini. They were exposed just like I knew they'd be. lol They rely too much on their outside game and really don't have any inside presense.

...Carry On..

Back