• Southern Univ. Jaguars

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Texas Southern Tigers

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
What do you think about SWAC schools' athletics websites?
Vote in the poll and give your thoughts on them.
Give some feedback (good and bad) on these sites....

Also
How comparable are we to other conferences in the area...?

Here are the links incase you need them

Alabama A&M

www.aamusports.com

Alabama State

www.bamastatesports.com

Alcorn State

www.alcornsports.com

Arkansas Pine Bluff

www.uapb.edu/athletics/

Grambling State

www.gram.edu/sports

Jackson State

www.jsutigers.com

Miss. Valley State

www.mvsu.edu/athletics.html

Prairie View A&M

www.pvamu.edu/pages/104.asp

Southern University

www.gojagsports.collegesports.com

Texas Southern

www.msbn.tv?tsuvision?index.aspx

Preciate it.

The TSU Site along with the ones created by Collegesports.tv are very nice and have plenty of good info. Grambling and MVSU need to step up to the plate and get with the program.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AAMU, Bama State and Southern have the same exact site design.
It's a nice design, but it's a template used by most of CSTV's affiliate schools. I look forward to the links on the left for those schools to get fully populated. Grade: B-

Alcorn is actually similar to the CSTV design. I like that the links on the left take you to pages with information (see above). I also dig the links to websites promoting particular athletes. I'm not sure if I like the scrolling score format as much on this site. Maybe some bolds or formatting would help readability at a glance. Grade: B-

UAPB is a work in progress, so I will won't comment. Grade: N/C

Grambling's site is nice, but almost seems to be missing something. Maybe I'm getting too used to advertizing on the sites. (I do realize that this is actually on the gram.edu server) I like the buttons on the left for each individual sport, but maybe they should be smaller to minimize the need to scroll. Overall nice site. I would have thought that Grambling would have had a nice HOF page with a tribute to Eddie. Looks good, but I have trouble with what's missing.
Grade: C-

Jackson State's site is again similar in navigation to the CSTV design. BTW, maybe it's not the advertizing that's missing on the Grambling site as J-State doesn't have it and doesn't seem to need it. I like that hovering over the sports button gets you a link to each sport. HOF should have full listing, not just highlights and the most recent inductees (just my opinion). Most recent news on the front page is always good, but scores on the front page are missing. Links to the Boom and J-settes are a plus. Grade: B

Mississippi Valley's site doesn't seem to be a fan site. It's a nitty gritty "here's the schedule and press release" type of thing. I don't have much to say about this site positive or negative. I would need to know intent. Grade: N/C

PVAMU has a nice smooth design. Clicking history gets you all championships, HOF info at all levels (where info complete and available). I like the calendar page. Good for at-a-glance quickly finding info. No scores on the front page (personal preference). Merchandise takes you to the PV bookstore, which is the best place to buy apperal. Grade: B+

TSU. The link is actually http://www.msbn.tv/tsuvision/index.aspx. Roll over buttons on the left are good. I like the streaming video. The headlines gives you a dry looking page, but it's still very informative. Better formatting needed for the scores. Grade: B

Just my 2 cents while taking a quick look at all.

Alcorn, Jackson St, Bama St, and Bama A&M, and SU is doing good. They just need to add pictures of the facilities, and all that. Everybody else needs to step up. :nod:

JagsPride,
This is 2006. There is no excuse at all for not having a functional, reasonably complete website. Any grade of N/C is really an "F". We at Southern just got on the bandwagon this year. Before that, we deserved an "F" also.

Had to pick Alcorn State for the simple fact all sports and news articles are currently updated.

I prefer the look of collegesports websites over AWS.

Yea! The intro is tight. And then they have game notes. They have the notes posted about all their games. Alcorn has the best in the SWAC no doubt, In my opinion.

Lewis said:
JagsPride,
This is 2006. There is no excuse at all for not having a functional, reasonably complete website. Any grade of N/C is really an "F". We at Southern just got on the bandwagon this year. Before that, we deserved an "F" also.
Our site is being redone.... So the grade of N/C is applicable....

did the conference create a website for the basketball tournament? The MEAC's is slamming.
header.jpg

http://www.meachoops.com/

UAPB '97 said:
Our site is being redone.... So the grade of N/C is applicable....
NO it is not, You are in the middle of the Spring Sports, Basketball season is ending Baseball, Track, Softball, etc. and your site not working.

NO EXCUSE, that's an "F".

You do not have to "take a site down" to redesign it, you keep the current, functional site up and running and build the new site on the side, then at launch time a few commands and the new site replaces the old site. I might have a little more understanding if it was the middle of the summer and nothing else was going on, but to take your site down in the middle of the busiest sports time of the year, that's not and "F", that's a "F-". For example, click on basketball and all you get is a PDF of a schedule with no scores on it. THATS and "F" period. Web sites are constantly being revised and updated.

b8sball17 said:
Had to pick Alcorn State for the simple fact all sports and news articles are currently updated.

That's my take. It's Alcornsports.com first and then everyone else with a couple of exceptions.

All the collegsports sites have too much "Information Coming Soon" if you ask me.

Plain and simple, the SIDs in the SWAC need to learn a lesson from Alcorn's website, ESPECIALLY their media guides section.

Lewis said:
NO it is not, You are in the middle of the Spring Sports, Basketball season is ending Baseball, Track, Softball, etc. and your site not working.

NO EXCUSE, that's an "F".

You do not have to "take a site down" to redesign it, you keep the current, functional site up and running and build the new site on the side, then at launch time a few commands and the new site replaces the old site. I might have a little more understanding if it was the middle of the summer and nothing else was going on, but to take your site down in the middle of the busiest sports time of the year, that's not and "F", that's a "F-". For example, click on basketball and all you get is a PDF of a schedule with no scores on it. THATS and "F" period. Web sites are constantly being revised and updated.
The site didn't have much on it for sports to begin with. So our shat's 'in progress'.....

I haven't been to JSU website since football season, but i like the music (Renting Ready) and the video clip from the SUperdome..............so they are my favorite.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jag Voice said:
That's my take. It's Alcornsports.com first and then everyone else with a couple of exceptions.

All the collegsports sites have too much "Information Coming Soon" if you ask me.

Plain and simple, the SIDs in the SWAC need to learn a lesson from Alcorn's website, ESPECIALLY their media guides section.

IMHO, you are exactly right. I think ASU has done a very good job. I think it is one of the best. I think SU and JSU are in a close second. We are not going to even comment on APB or MVSU.

Jag Voice said:

PV has media guides also in sports where they produced one online....

the band fan said:
PV has media guides also in sports where they produced one online....

I noticed. PVU has a great athletic website, 2nd to Alcorn in my opinion. I like how PVU created its own unique format.

Here's my ranking.

1. Alcorn
2. PVU, JSU
4. AAMU, SU, ASU (same design)
7. GSU
8. TSU
9. MVSU
10. UAPB (not complete)

JROCK said:
I haven't been to JSU website since football season, but i like the music (Renting Ready) and the video clip from the SUperdome..............so they are my favorite.

what site did you go to? :confused:

Back