SWAC players that you think should be in the hof

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Doug will probably get in for the Super Bowl win ... he probably would've won in Tampa Bay if then-owner Hugh Culverhouse broke bread with him instead of trying to low-ball him.

But maybe the conferences should do some lobbying for these former players. I just don't like folks getting their bouquets and not being able to smell the flowers, ya dig.

Bruh Doug won every season he was at Tampa.It was the only franchise team to win as quickly as they did.

They went to the playoffs three of the four years he was there and played for the nfc championship the lasts year before the old man phugg him.

Bruh Doug won every season he was at Tampa.It was the only franchise team to win as quickly as they did.

They went to the playoffs three of the four years he was there and played for the nfc championship the lasts year before the old man phugg him.

That's what I'm saying. Doug and Lee Roy Selmon'nem had a good team until Culverhouse low-balled the hell out of Doug, and Doug left for the USFL. They didn't have a winning season from that moment until 1997.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tennessee State was an independent back then.

In that case, a lot players weren't a part of the SWAC when they played college football. Some schools didn't join the SWAC until the 80's and the 90's. Are there any players from schools that used to be in SWAC back in the days???

Last edited:
Point taken. I'm not sure about a lot but for sure more than likely a couple that are representatives of the bama schools.

Having said that like any nuclear family ( i think i'm using that right) we support our adopted child with open arms. ( BIG GRIN)

Jimmy Smith, Jr. (Rec 862, Yds 12,287, Avg 14.3, TDS 67)
13 Seasons (11.5 Active) 1992-2005
http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmysmith/2503028/careerstats

NFL records[edit]
  • Most games with at least 5 receptions in a season - 16 (every game in 2001) Since tied by Antonio Brown and Pierre Garçon.
  • Most consecutive games with at least 5 receptions - 21. Since broken by Antonio Brown.
  • Most games with at least 49 receiving yards in a season - 16 (every game in 2001
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smith_(wide_receiver)

May be a slim chance but I only mentioned his name because I recall an interview in which a Sports commentator raised the possibilty of a HOF nomination with him.

Who do yall. Believe of the names mentioned will make it 1st? I think McNair goes next year

Just looking at twitter response from the last few days McNair has a ton of goodwill with the NFL. I hope your right, dude was a Football playing Jesse with the Titans.

Back