SWAC D-Linemen: Name your front 4

j-state_tiger06

(T'06 for short)
I started to post this on the smack board but you know how things tend to get out of hand over there, although I do enjoy my fair share of trash talk.

As of the Spring game, our starters are Bobby Mays and Byron Speaks at the ends while Arthur Sample (6-3, 320) and DeBose (6-1, 300) clog the inside. Speaks and Mays could be the rush ends we've been missing since '99. Both came on strong towards the end of last year. Nothing gets past the tackles. Pure Run Stoppers.

Behind them we have ends Bobby Bell, Donte Jones and converted LB Brandon Jones. The tackles are Lauderdale, Joffre Young, Lewis Gardner and Quinton Scott. Only Bell and Lauderdale have a lot exp. while the rest are talented but unproven.

Llvee Archie quit the team, but he may have been more harmful than helpful.....

All in all, we will be good up front, but we will be great if Speaks and Mays can put pressure on the QB because we have to get more sacks and keep those busted pass plays from becoming 7 and 8 yard gains.

I think you're forgetting about Micheal Griffin and Micheal Allen. Both newcomers stood out in the spring.

Keith Pettway, Calvin Arnold, Leonard Patten, Antonio Hughes, Charles Duncan, Hosea Atkinson (2003 signee), Jason Banks (2003 signee) are the names I recall with out consulting the roster.

bigg, how do you forget jimmie zachary, keith dickerson, treavors comegys, calvin sherrod, joshua kador, and antonio hughes. damn'it let me stop.

Originally posted by GRAM-MAN
bigg, how do you forget jimmie zachary, keith dickerson, treavors comegys, calvin sherrod, joshua kador, and antonio hughes. damn'it let me stop.

Oh dayum them too! I think I mentioned Antonio Hughes...but there's sooooo many of them and they're all good [ hell...they play for Grambling!]:cool:

We all know that half of the guys you are mentioning for Gram won't be there by this time next year. That's why you sign 30 players every year.

But those that remain always manage to kick the hell out of your two teams...Alcorn (til Grambling beats them) and Jackson State (who gets beaten in pregame, during the game and on the smack page).

...TP...

Originally posted by Tigerpride
That's why you sign 30 players every year.

...The system is called "redshirting"!!! Something that*minus 8* will need to work on for the next few years!!!

Back