SWAC Commissioner's Statement On CSTV Media Release

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.swacpage.com/articles/article1291.shtml[/font]

Southwestern Athletic Conference commissioner, Robert C. Vowels, Jr., has issued the following statement regarding an April 26, 2005 CSTV Press Release.

The Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) is denying all reports that it is has agreed to an exclusive multi-media and marketing partnership with College Sports Television and through New Vision Sports Properties. Despite how it was reported in the CSTV press release the SWAC never agreed to this deal nor have we authorized a third party to negotiate a deal on its behalf.

To clarify any confusion in the marketplace, the SWAC has an exclusive national cable agreement with ESPN for men and women?s basketball and all other Olympic sports. ESPN also has the right to select SWAC football games. The SWAC is also part of CSTV?s I-AA football consortium which features a I-AA game of the week. The consortium includes the Atlantic 10 Conference, Big Sky Conference, Gateway Football Conference, Ivy League, Ohio Valley

This is a fight between cstv and espnu and a mean one at that.

Btw the meac commish was on Jagaur Journal Saturday and he made it very clear that the meac will be fully partcipating in the New version of the Heritage Bowl. So you know what that means.

bluedog said:

Btw the meac commish was on Jagaur Journal Saturday and he made it very clear that the meac will be fully partcipating in the New version of the Heritage Bowl. So you know what that means.
Does this mean champion vs champoin?

bluedog said:

That means we get to run all over the meWACK again??

HE!! YEAH!!!

bluedog said:

So that would also mean no more SWAC Championship Game, right? Unless it is a regular season game like next years Alabama State vs South Carolina State...

GRAM4LIFE said:
So that would also mean no more SWAC Championship Game, right? Unless it is a regular season game like next years Alabama State vs South Carolina State...

I think there should not be a single-game SWAC/MEAC challenge....there should be a whole slate of SWAC/MEAC games on one weekend...

man imagine it...renewing SU/FAMU...J-State/NC AT&T....Bama State/SCState...Hampton/Grambling..and for you offensively challenged people BCC/AAMU (sorry, couldn't resist the potshot)..

but y'all know what I mean... that would be better served than one game...and in the event the MEAC really sends its champion to the Heritage Bowl... that whole week of games would be a great way to set things up leading into the Heritage Bowl...

Pimp My Conference

Jafus - color me unconvinced.

ESPNU is simply looking for cheap programming. Bear in mind, the U in ESPN"U" stands for the digital tier only.

Yes, you gotta start somewhere, but why do HBCU conferences continually lag FAR behind the clearance curve when it comes to broadcast rights?

CSTV (created by the author of ESPN Classic, Brian Bedol) would seem to be direct competition with ESPN(U) for attention..

Don't you think It's PAST time Black College Conferences worked to set measurable value for their property?

Journalist said:
I think there should not be a single-game SWAC/MEAC challenge....there should be a whole slate of SWAC/MEAC games on one weekend...

man imagine it...renewing SU/FAMU...J-State/NC AT&T....Bama State/SCState...Hampton/Grambling..and for you offensively challenged people BCC/AAMU (sorry, couldn't resist the potshot)..

I would love to see a SWAC/MEAC Challenge. Play half the games in SWAC territory and the other half in MEAC land.

cat daddy said:
I would love to see a SWAC/MEAC Challenge. Play half the games in SWAC territory and the other half in MEAC land.

Cat Daddy, think about it...like one or two weekends early in the season...that would pique more interest in the revamped Heritage Bowl...could you imagine like 2003..when SU beat down NC A&T....what the rematch would've been like in the Heritage Bowl that year??....

lets say one year...SU plays Howard in DC while Gram plays BCC in Miami...it could work bruh...Bama State hosts FAMU in the Gulf Coast Classic...

:flippy:

Mister.Earl,

Don't you think It's PAST time Black College Conferences worked to set measurable value for their property?

Yes, I do believe it is time for Black College Conferences to set measurable value for their property.

Back