SWAC Championship Race

Damariun

These are just my personal thoughts as of now. Valley, Bama State, Grambling, UAPB, and TX Southern are done this year. I think they have all put themselves in to big of a hole to climb out of this year.

Valley & UAPB: They are the same to me. They both will scrap until they can't no more. You will leave sore playing them

Grambling: Already 0-3 in conference play and they have a tough schedule left. Would not surprise me if they did not win another game

Bama State: Needs to much to happen to be back in contention.

TX Southern: That Bama State loss hurt them bad. They would have been sitting 3-1 in conference play.

As far as contenders left we have Alcorn, Southern, PV, JSU, FAMU, and AAMU.

Alcorn: The Braves are leading the west right now and are emerging as the favorite for some. My only knock to Alcorn is when will they play a full 4 quarters of football? A win Saturday will push them even farther for the West title and give them some wiggle room

Southern: Started off really rough but now they coming back strong for the SWAC West. Southern has a hell of a schedule left with Alcorn, JSU, and FAMU. They honestly can't afford to lose any of those games either. A loss Saturday ends their championship hopes.

PV: PV was given the boot by most people but they have shown they are not done yet. That loss to Southern shocked everyone. I wonder how they will bounce back. PV schedule is extremely favorable to them. Outside of Alcorn, PV has Valley, UAPB, Lamar, and BCU. As of now those 4 combined record is 3-20.

JSU: JSU has to keep humble and not get caught up in the hype. One of the main problems is not starting off slow like last year, it's the making dumb mistakes in the redzone. If you want to dominate you have to put foot down early and do not let up. The target is on your back prepare for war EVERY WEEK

FAMU: Same as last year. FAMU doesn't lose another game but they have to hope JSU drops two.

AAMU: Two close wins has kept AAMU in the hunt. If the defense can improve, it will be extremely interesting for the rest of their seasons

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The only positions where is might be close is oline and RB. Definitely not more in any position. We lost Aubrey last week and our fans didnt blink. We love him but we know what type of team we have. The depth is crazy.
We play 9 O linemen , 10 D lineman , we are 5 deep at RB, 12 deep at DB, and we 10 deep at WR. We also have 5 QB’s that can start.

We play 9 O linemen , 10 D lineman , we are 5 deep at RB, 12 deep at DB, and we 10 deep at WR. We also have 5 QB’s that can start.
Just because they play doesn't mean they are that effective. 5 qbs that can start at what school lol?. All of them are mediocre. There are only 2 qbs worth mentioning in the Swac.
You added to a 4-7 team. We added to a 11-2 team. There's a huge difference and gap.

Just because they play doesn't mean they are that effective. 5 qbs that can start at what school lol?. All of them are mediocre. There are only 2 qbs worth mentioning in the Swac.
You added to a 4-7 team. We added to a 11-2 team. There's a huge difference and gap.
See y’all Halloween weekend

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Lol bro y'all know y'all will come up with an excuse and run with it. Regardless of what's happening off the field your players still had the same 60 minutes. Txsu beat you all soundly and that dline without Dumas is very regular
You didn’t notice our starters weren’t out there that much. Some didn’t play, and the ones that did didn’t get many snaps 🤔

Our 5th string started last year at Gram.

Yall got depth remember. You can't have it both ways. Either you got it or you don't lol
We do, their feet are wet now. If you notice TSU scored on 2 of the first 3 drives. They barely had 60 yards the 2nd half. After we adjusted to what they were doing we shut them down, with our reserves.

Back