SU vs PV baseball weekend

OnlySU

SU LAB
SU vs PV play 2,7 inning game's today..Game time 1pm...Sunday 1,9 inning game...1pm...Lee-Hines fields...

OnlySU said:
SU vs PV play 2,7 inning game's today..Game time 1pm...Sunday 1,9 inning game...1pm...Lee-Hines fields...
Is this the norm in the West??? 2 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday???

In the East, they play 2 on Friday and 1 on Saturday.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Who is going? I will be their. BTW I will try to make the basketball celebration Tuesday @ 12:00PM (Noon)

The 2 Sat - 1 Sun. is a better format for the student-athletes. If the series
started on Friday, the players would miss 2 days of school: Thursday(travel
day) and Friday(game day). Also, the Sat.-Sun. gives the fans in town and
out of town more opportunity to see games.

it's good for revenue (if you charge for games) but that's about it......students and coaches get a Sunday off to unwind...

as for the game....PV won 5-2 and SU quickly switched the rotation and will start Joshua Kirk in game 2.

the band fan said:
it's good for revenue (if you charge for games) but that's about it......students and coaches get a Sunday off to unwind...

as for the game....PV won 5-2 and SU quickly switched the rotation and will start Joshua Kirk in game 2.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Cador must've felt the momentum shift by throwing Kirk a day early....we just need one win to close the books against SU and keep a three-game lead

the band fan said:
Cador must've felt the momentum shift by throwing Kirk a day early....we just need one win to close the books against SU and keep a three-game lead

Cador said this morning that the rotation was going to change because the young man that would normally be the starter in today's first games wasn't experience enough to go up against PV in the first game.

His weakness is not being able to hold runners on base, so Cador figure that he'd sit him out until Sundays game in the hope that he would get a few tips from watching the more experience pitchers.

As for the three game lead tbf, that's what PV should play for because it'll help their confidence to win the SWAC. In the mean time we'll continue to get our guys ready for tournament play like experience champions do. :ebrow:

How you can say that the book would be close if PV wins one more game with about 16 games left to play is is crazy though.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bluedog,

Cador said this morning that the rotation was going to change because the young man that would normally be the starter in today's first games wasn't experience enough to go up against PV in the first game.

His weakness is not being able to hold runners on base, so Cador figure that he'd sit him out until Sundays game in the hope that he would get a few tips from watching the more experience pitchers.

Seem to work, since Southern was able to get one of the games today.

As for the three game lead tbf, that's what PV should play for because it'll help their confidence to win the SWAC. In the mean time we'll continue to get our guys ready for tournament play like experience champions do.

Interesting Thoughts!!

How you can say that the book would be close if PV wins one more game with about 16 games left to play is is crazy though.

I believe TBF was referring to the first half of the season. Especially, considering that such a record was compiled with (3 series on the road, TxSU (2-1), GSU (3-0) of SU (1-1)) i.e. at the worst (6-3), at best (7-2). Trust me! We (PVAMU baseball fans) are very well aware that it is a long season and the fact that the SWAC Tournament is another beast, especially with recent memories of last season. The young men are working hard.

we take things one game at a time and then one series at a time.....all you got to do in order to capture the top seed is win each series....that's the goal.

The game one starter was another kid who was supposed to play for PV but popped up at SU....PV got to him

we'll see if Cador's strategy holds up in the nine-inning game tomorrow...nevertheless, it's going to be an interesting second half.

They played a good game yesterday. (#2) I am looking for Cal Anderson to have a couple of more break out games. (7 RBI's against UNO.) correct me if Im wrong. Good game Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another one today. :nod: :tup:

Jaguar94 said:
The 2 Sat - 1 Sun. is a better format for the student-athletes. If the series
started on Friday, the players would miss 2 days of school: Thursday(travel
day) and Friday(game day). Also, the Sat.-Sun. gives the fans in town and
out of town more opportunity to see games.
Good point...I love the 2 sat & 1 sunday.....Hey WalkWitaPanther & WalkWitaTiger it was nice meeting you guy's on saturday.....

With 2 out and PV up 6-7 in the 9th inning,Mario Spann gets a base hit with SU players on 1st and 2nd,SU wins the game 8-7...

Congratulations Southern great win, solid series win (2-1) to end the first half of the season and cut Prairie View's conference standing lead to 1 game.

Southern took an early 5-0 lead. Prairie View chipped away at the lead, 5-3 5th?, then 5-4 7th?, and finally took the lead 7-6 in the 8th?. Southern would not be denied and rallied for three runs in bottom of the 9th to win 8-7, with a ball rolling away deep in the right field corner.

Prairie View A&M University, 9-3
Southern University, 8-4
Texas Southern,8-4

While, I would have loved to take this series. I am proud of the ball being played in the Western Division. Especially between Prairie View A & M, Texas Southern, and Southern. Back to baseball practice diamond and the drawing board.

TxSU won 5-1 over GSU...and Spann hit was down right field line...Great game SU,hats off to PV,you have a good ball club...

Southern's next 2 home games...Wednesday March 29,6pm vs Loyola of N.O.and Saturday April,1..JSU comes to town...1pm game time....

Back