SU this is just wrong... R-O-N-G, wrong

What on Earf are they doing?

BC%202000%20Band%20at%20BC%20vs%20Livingstone%20Game%20(02)%20-%20Drum%20Majors.jpg

I heard in D3 football that they make their athletes buy their own uniforms and shoes. This is sad. :(

I also hear they pass the collection plate around at halftime.

Got Tithes?

SMH

1. We are Just trying to Help Benny out and give them some money.

...and have another home game, play a black college on homecoming, and increase revenue.

2. Well you paid new haven - Lie

...that because there wasn't enough fans at Confederate Memorial to pay the rent. Did it rain that day, or an ice storm hit Jackson, MS. I wouldn't surprise if JSU owe back rent from the New Haven game.

3. Benny isnt on our schedule - Lie
So what.... SU going kick JSU behind worst then Benny College!

4. Well you only had 9000 at the CCC
TRUE

5. This is basketball season
Also True

6. We called every single 1-AA and D2 school in america and no one would return our call.
Lie. The invitations to be SU homecoming bait were given I believe to MEAC, SIAC, CIAA, and other unaffiliated HBCUs.

7. We would play Alcorn or Bama St if the were just willing to play in Mumford 2 times in a row.

Alcorn or Ala. St. sounds good to me for homecoming. Why Floyd? Why Benny College?

8. We won 3 of the last 4 SWAC titles.
TRUE

9. I asked an assistant coach and he laughed

...huh

10. Well we are playing TuLAME and we need to balance the schedule... Like tuLAME is a national power.

...and they sure isn't a NEW HAVEN either. I hear the JSU Vs NEW HAVEN FUNERAL HOME game was so dead that some fans swore that Jeff Davis made an appearance in Confederate Memorial at half time.

[Edited by PAPAJAG on 02-13-01 at 01:37 PM]

Dammit Cleb

ROTFLMBAO !!!

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA !!!!

Crying !!!!

[Edited by phatback on 02-13-01 at 10:54 AM]

Originally posted by C-LeB28
I also hear they pass the collection plate around at halftime.

Got Tithes?

SMH
LOL!!!!@ Got tithes?!?

I'm still looking for the last time JSU won the SWAC Champ. Way back when??? TSU...nevamind. The last 4 SWAC championships are owned by Louisiana schools. And the last champion was spanked thoroghly by SU.

PS- When was the last time Tulane was a cake walk?

PSII- J-Stank, regardless of the other 10 games, be prepared to get spanked come Oct. 13th.

LOL.

And the bully went down to Benedict and said, "Send me your weak and hungry, your tired and weary and I will put them out of their misery in exchange for a few coins for your purse."

Don't do it Pete, don't do it.

LMAO @ Diesel with the self smack. At least there is ONE honorable Sag amongst us.

Cleb,

Man that was priceless. Got tithes??? ahahahahahahahahahhahahaahaha

And the LORD looked down with great vengeance at shameful clan from Scottlandville. And he asked of their cowardly leader, Pete, why doest thou persecute my children???

Bullies

BULLYING BEHAVIORS

Bullying can take many forms: physical, emotional, verbal or a combination of these. It may involve one school bullying another, a Division I-AA school against a Division III. It is not unlike other forms of victimization and abuse in that it involves:

* an imbalance of power
* differing emotional tones, the victim will be upset whereas the bully is cool and in control
* blaming the victim for what has happened
* lack of concern on the part of the bully for the feelings and concerns of the victim
* a lack of compassion
* needs a win

Bullies are very often Division I-AA schools who have been bullied or abused themselves. Sometimes they are schools experiencing life situations they can't cope with, that leave them feeling helpless and out of control. They may be schools with poor social skills, who do not fit in, who can't meet the expectations of their alumni or past seasons. They bully to feel competent, successful, to control someone else, to get some relief from their own feelings of powerlessness.

WHO ARE THE VICTIMS?

Not all schools are equally likely to be victimized by bullying behavior. Those schools who are more prone to be picked upon tend to have the following characteristics:

* low self-esteem
* insecure
* lack of social skills,
* don't pick up on social cues
* cry or become emotionally distraught easily,
* unable to defend or stand up for themselves
* Some schools actually seem to provoke their own victimization.
* just need some jack!!!

These schools will tease bullies, make themselves a target by egging the person on, not knowing when to stop and then not being able to effectively defend themselves when the balance of power shifts to the bully.

Division III schools who are not bullied tend to have better social skills and conflict management skills. They are more willing to assert themselves about differences without being aggressive or confronting. They suggest compromises and alternate solutions. They tend to be more aware of people's feelings and are the schools who can be most helpful in resolving disputes and assisting other schools to get help.

IF YOUR CHILD IS BEING BULLIED

If you learn your school is being bullied, you may immediately want to protect them by calling the SWAC Commissioner's Office and ask for Rudy Washington.

When Benny the Bunny
Comes to town
The people come from miles around
Just to hear that happy sound
Of Benny's Bunny Band....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

DaHill,

I have absolutely no reason to lie about AAMU and the MCC. I am from JSU and although our attendance was down last year, I know that it will never be that low again. I have no reason to lie. I remember what happened because I had just heard of the MCC around 1994 or 1995 and I knew it was a big game. However, the first year that I anticipated traveling from ATL to B'ham for it, a storm and the REPORTED ATTENDANCE WAS around 23 thousand.

JRock, why would we assume that the Soul Bowl has attendance problems??? That game has ranked in the top 5 every since it's existence with the exception of last year. We can't always be blessed with good weather.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
DaHill,

I have absolutely no reason to lie about AAMU and the MCC. I am from JSU and although our attendance was down last year, I know that it will never be that low again. I have no reason to lie. I remember what happened because I had just heard of the MCC around 1994 or 1995 and I knew it was a big game. However, the first year that I anticipated traveling from ATL to B'ham for it, a storm and the REPORTED ATTENDANCE WAS around 23 thousand.

TP, I PROMISE YOU that there has never been 23,000 people at the MCC. I have been going for the past 20 years. That figure is ludicrous. I KNOW I would have remembered 23000 people in an 83,000 seat stadium... it would have been EMPTY. The SCG was the lowest amount of people I HAVE EVER SEEN AT LEGION FIELD.

Originally posted by DAHILL

. [/B]

TP, I PROMISE YOU that there has never been 23,000 people at the MCC. I have been going for the past 20 years. That figure is ludicrous. I KNOW I would have remembered 23000 people in an 83,000 seat stadium... it would have been EMPTY. The SCG was the lowest amount of people I HAVE EVER SEEN AT LEGION FIELD. [/B][/QUOTE]

DAHILL....
You are absolutely correct!! I have been going to the MCC for over 40 years and have never seen less than 30,000 people in Legion Field. You must overlook the few, the proud and the ignorant! Some idiots will do or say anything to help get them through Basketball Season!! :bawling:

Bruhs,

All I know is what I remember. Not trying to down you all or anything but all I can do is go by what I rememeber. Well, didn't it storm a few years back??? Actually, I think I still have a copy of the Black College Sports Today Highlights from that year. I think it was 1995 or 96.

I was at the game and I left right after halftime. It was freezing and I was in the press box! I got sick while I was there. It was NO day in the park. Ice and rain do not mix well!

But to say we need to move the classic is typical of the mutts! They have ONE big game of the year and now they want to advise the BIG DOGS about their attendance. Puh-leeze!:rolleyes:

STFU!

What the Hell are you talking about!

TP you need to stop going off what you remember....cuz that isht aint true!

Why must the rest of the SWAC worry about Southern affairs? Is our possibly playing little Benedict College pissing you off? Well ...... <font size=6> FORGET YOU THEN!!</font size>

I definitely will not say that I agree with the decision to play them, BUT I, as a Southern fan, trust that Floyd Kerr has the best in mind for Southern football. Now, if anyone has a problem with our schedule, take that ish straight to Kerr's office by calling SU Info at (225)771-4500 and ask for his office number!

And, the rest of y'all better not screw up because Jaguars never FORGET!

This is sad.

BC%202000%20Football%20Team%20vs%20Morehouse%20at%20Home%20(02)%20-%20Tony%20Felder%20(Coach).jpg

Peter, what was thou thinking of? I thought we sucked for scheduling Lane and Langston. Y'all couldn't even get one of them?

Back