SU Alumni Federation...Life Members

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
What are the Perks? My dad (SU class 56) turns 75 this year. I purchased him a Life Membership in SU Alumni Federeation and I want to know what in entails. The website listed some items but I want to learn more about it.

From what I read on the website you all do a better job than FAMU. If you don't want to go public, hit me up on PM.

Thanks,

Life Member #291 ---FAMU

I don't know any school that give perks for LM. The only thing you get from us is a certificate, card, LM pin and exempt from paying National dues. But if you find something differently let us all know.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know any school that give perks for LM. The only thing you get from us is a certificate, card, LM pin and exempt from paying National dues. But if you find something differently let us all know.

Oh Sir ,you are so incorrect. Many alumni associtations gives perks such as rental car discounts, points added to become season ticket holders, 55% discount on Atlantic movers, discounts to school merchandise...etc...there are all kinds of perks of being a life member in some universities.

Last edited:
I did not realize some of the things you listed were perks, because these things are given to all alums, be they are members of the association or not. However, our association do benefit from credit cards, life insurance and etc. I forgot about some athletics departments are in charge of merchandise shops where as you can get a discount if you are alumni, or association member, but I was only thinking about what we did at our universities. As a parent, I received discounts at Sycrause and AFA.

BgJag, I met your new Director of Alumni Affairs on Saturday night. SU had a lot of folks in Normal on Saturday. After SU scored the first touchdown, they got loud and we told them they had to be quiet. They got scared and didn't say another word. (smile)

BgJag, I met your new Director of Alumni Affairs on Saturday night. SU had a lot of folks in Normal on Saturday. After SU scored the first touchdown, they got loud and we told them they had to be quiet. They got scared and didn't say another word. (smile)

I haven't talked to her since the new appionment, she was out of the office my last 2 visits there. Need to see her so I can tell her "how I want her to do her job"

Spoke to the SU Federation this morning. My dad is not a Life Member of the Federation. It's part of the gifts that I've been giving him for turn 75 years old this year.

Back