St. Joe's ain't perfect no more

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
Hawks suffer shocking collapse vs. Xavier

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) -- From perfect to pummeled.

Saint Joseph's first game as the nation's No. 1 team also was its first loss of the season, a shocking 87-67 collapse against unranked Xavier in the Atlantic-10 quarterfinals Thursday.

The Hawks came in with a 27-0 record, three victories from becoming the first team since 1991 to enter the NCAA tournament undefeated. But they trailed Xavier by as many as 37 points, and the upset raises questions about how serious a contender the tiny Philadelphia school will be for the national championship.

Read More

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by mighty hornet
I'm not surprised at all.
Me neither.

Though that was a serious arse whooping they took. At least for St. Joe's the pressure of going undefeated is off their shoulders.

It was an off game, but it had to catch up sooner than later. Will the loss hurt the #1 seeding? It shouldn't IMO.

If not them, who?

If St. Joe's doesn't deserve a #1 seed then who does before them.

I know I for one will be pissed if Duke get's a #1 seed. I mean lose 3 games down the stretch in your conference. Lose at home to an unranked team. And still get a #1 seed.

I hate to say it but if they win the ACC torney, watch them give those bustas a #1 seed.

IMO St.Joes still deserves their #1 seed. They are 27-1 for goodness sakes.

Stanford, St.Joes, Miss St., Pittsburg. That's my 4

Back