Southern University President Tarver stepping down

Blacknbengal

Southern University President Tarver stepping down

By BRETT TROXLER
btroxler@wbrz.com
2theadvocate.com staff
From a report by WBRZ's Marvin McGraw

14472_256.jpg

Southern University system President Leon Tarver announced Friday he intends to step down from the position this summer, ending weeks of speculation on the matter.

Tarver has served as the head of five Southern University campuses -- including Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans -- since 1997.

Tarver said while he feels like he was able to accomplish a lot in his eight years at the helm, it was just time to move on.

"On June 30 I will end my tenure as president of Southern University, and on July 1 I will continue on in another role carved out for me here at our great institution," Tarver said.

Tarver will return to teaching as he takes over as Distinguished Professor of Public Administration/Public Policy on Southern University's Baton Rouge campus.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This isn't new news. It was coming. Just a matter of when.

lol He had to put that "Distinguished" in front of that title to justify that salary huh? :winkgrin: lol

jagface said:
His wife stole enough money. He don't need to work.

Oops... :winkgrin:

man that ol lady could get it though...but I'll stake take ol' Dr. Slade befo' her
:teleport: :teleport: :teleport:

bluedog said:
Ok..............why is this on the sportsboard?

It's actually not on the Sport board now... It was earlier before I moved it. Only, the link is on the sports board.

Back