Southern grad to bail out Grambling....AGAIN

On the Real, I don't know. I attended GREATNESS during 74-77.
I think Suge was in the 90's. Anyway, whenever he attended and whatever work he performed, I'm sure it was a job well done!

<marquee>[size=14.5]GREATNESS IS NOT JUST OUR NAME, IT'S ALSO OUR CREED!</marquee>[/size]

When Suge and I matriculated to Greatness in '93, the enrollment had an eclectic flavor like file gumbo. Gram had students from every parish in the boot, 41 states, and 74 foreign countries. This enrollment was by far the most diverse in that state, as the ratio was 52% in state and 48% out of state. I also recall a survey in the early 90s stating that Greatness and Tulane were the most renowned universities in the state. For these reasons, people could not let Greatness strive.

What we are facing today will be short-lived because our storied history has always been an interest to millions abroad. We have reached higher plateaus with less, than universities with better resources. We are Greatness, a university that has soared from the obscure hills of North Louisiana to global acclaim. I can not even begin to name all the prominent folks that passed through Gram from 1993-97. People have always been intrigued about Gram, and for this reason we will remain the epitome of Greatness!

You know, when I heard that I might be able to come to Grambling, there was very little discussion about this in the White House. Now, usually, when the President has a chance to go someplace, there's always an argument about it because they think you should be somewhere else. Somebody who works for you thinks you should be somewhere else.

But I told my staff that I wanted to take a day away from Washington, D.C. Now, Washington is a town where everybody thinks they're somebody -- (laughter and applause) -- and I wanted to come to the place where everybody is somebody. (Applause.)

I also was not about to miss a chance to hear the best band in the land.....
-- Former Pres. William Jefferson Clinton

Only Gram can produce this! For the record, the President gives commencement addresses at three universities/institutes annually. One is a military academy, another is a private institution, and the third is a public institution. Grambling made history in the boot, chances are this was a once and a lifetime opportunity for the boot -- unless it happens to Greatness again -- of course.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mike, it is a futile attempt to explain demographics to these thags. Southeast Louisiana (only) has over 2 million people (the boot as a whole ahs a little over 4 million). It is no secret the majority of the people in the boot reside in either 225 or 504 area codes. I bet the majority of students from state-renowned southern university reside these area codes. Most students go to southern for convenience, and I bet more than 2/5 are commuter students. The location and demographics support southern.

Thank heavens for the parishes of East Baton Rouge, Orleans, the river parishes, Acadiana, etc.

This is no Smack...Every word of what he states is true. We have overcome great obstacles in the past. We will continue to perservere!

[size=4.5]GREATNESS CONTINUES...[/size]

EVERYONE HAS ONE.....

Originally posted by MikeBigg
BG,

I'm sure that you are more than capable of discerning what is a reason and what is an excuse.

I'll help: Whenever I give an explanatory comment on this smack board, it's a reason. Whenever some non-Cartel person attempts to do likewise, it's an excuse.

See that wasn't difficult!

Peace...

I won't make the same assumption about you, but here what Webster's New World Dictionary and Thesaurus has to say...

excuse n. apology, reason, defense; see EXPLANATION.- a poor excuse for inferior, poor, unsatisfactory.....

Sound like what you been doing here on this board about the great-mess.

Back