Southern Adds Online Nursing Program

Philly Jag

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0922350179744b48becc378e24657d6a/LA--Southern-U-Online-Nursing

BATON ROUGE, La. — Southern University will add a new wrinkle to its highly regarded nursing program this year with the addition of an accelerated online version of the program slated to begin in August.

The Advocate reports (http://townta.lk/LfQIZL ) the online Bachelor of Science Nursing degree will be a yearlong alternative to what is typically a four-year program.

Good job SU! Question how will the students get experience if the nursing degree is online? Most nursing programs have students learning in a hospital or class room.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good job SU! Question how will the students get experience if the nursing degree is online? Most nursing programs have students learning in a hospital or class room.

There are many PWCs doing this... Its been going on for years. Curriculum remains the same, just more intensive...
Clinicals are to be completed at approved medical facilities.

This is gonna be Great for our Nursing program, being that an ASN degree is now frowned upon. This is great!! I love it!!

There are many PWCs doing this... Its been going on for years. Curriculum remains the same, just more intensive...
Clinicals are to be completed at approved medical facilities.

This is gonna be Great for our Nursing program, being that an ASN degree is now frowned upon. This is great!! I love it!!

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

I'm really liking how Southern is progressing during the midst of all the cuts and down-sizing that's being inflicted upon them by the governor of Louisiana. SU is taking "lemons" and making some really good "lemonade"......keep up the good work SU!

And with SU recently being named Louisiana's 2012 School of Nursing, this will possibly attract more freshman nursing majors. My youngest daughter will be a senior in high school, but she wants to major in nursing. She's been looking at schools in Texas and Alabama and now she's been checking out the Nursing curriculum at SU......

Just posted the article on my FB page. I hate the sisters make of the legions of CNAs and LPNs in healthcare, yet dont take the next step to making double and triple the money when they have 70% of the knowledge already.

Just posted the article on my FB page. I hate the sisters make of the legions of CNAs and LPNs in healthcare, yet dont take the next step to making double and triple the money when they have 70% of the knowledge already.

I hate that too. I know a few CNAs and LPNs who are just happy to be where they are and won't go any further. I don't get it.

I hate that too. I know a few CNAs and LPNs who are just happy to be where they are and won't go any further. I don't get it.

Jagfan, we are alike. We won't ever get it but as my fiance always reminds me, everyone does not share our mindset.

Good job Southern!!! :tup:

One question though....when it comes time to get the practical experience how does that work?

Back