Slave Reparations Revisited

MsJag4Jag

Should we get reparations because of slavery? Why or Why not?

Also, while you're thinking about that consider the following:
Slaves were buried on land in the town of Houma, but now large companies and even the city desire to build upon that land. In other words, disrupt the slave grave sites. How insensitive!

Do you think it matters that the graves of slaves are disrupted, dismantled, touched, etc...???
Article on building atop the graves of slaves

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Should we get reparations because of slavery? Why or Why not?

<font color=red>We ain't gettin' nothin' so don't look for nothin'.</font>:rolleyes:

Also, while you're thinking about that consider the following:
Slaves were buried on land in the town of Houma, but now large companies and even the city desire to build upon that land. In other words, disrupt the slave grave sites. How insensitive!

<font color=red>How typical of them.</font>:rolleyes:

Do you think it matters that the graves of slaves are disrupted, dismantled, touched, etc...???

<font color=red>I think it matters that any grave is disrupted, dismantled, touched, etc. I think it's a matter of respect. You just don't do it.</font>
Article on building atop the graves of slaves

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Sorry...Aunt Flo is at the house eating all of my food(it may be like this all week)

I understand and I'm with you on total respect. But just to throw a different flavor in. Why do we have respect for something that will never live physically again? Was it not God himself who told the man to let the dead bury the dead when He asked the men to follow Him? Aslo in 1 Thess. doesn't it say something about us not having sorrow for the dead?

How is the removing of a dead person's grave any more disrespectful than us not voting after hundreds have been beaten and have given their life for not only them but for us. Is it any more disrespectful than us killing each other over colors, clothes, affiliations, etc? Any more disrespectful than my own sister calling me out of my name and thinking that it's cool? Any more disrespectful than God sending His only son to die for my unworthy butt and I don't even acknowledge it? Other than bodies and maybe birthdates and slave master's last name...what other history do these graves hold?

Is it possible that we continue to be behind in some areas because we tend to fight for things that do not prosper?

I'm feeling you but ......

Blu,

I hear ya...but these people are not MOVING the graves. They were just building right on top of them!

What if the woman in that picture (who is 91 years old) wants to go visit her Mama's grave like she is doing in the picture...only to find a new LIBRARY sitting on top her Mama!?

See, it is times like these that I question every word in the bible...It isn't the dead who need the respect but those who are living and CHOOSE to visit their relative's grave....

Better yet, let them go over to the catholic cemetary in Houma and put the library on top of the white folks!

O, MsJ4J, I'm with you a 110%!!! Just wanted to play the devil's advocate for a minute. If the construction couldn't be omitted; a removal of the graves should have been the alternative. :redhot:

Back