Schwarzenegger wants two NFL teams in Los Angeles area

Jax

Chief Trolling offICEr
I know one team that I would love to see moving there.Tom Benson would love to move too!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Schwarzenegger wants two NFL teams in Los Angeles area

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer
May 2, 2006

AP - May 2, 1:01 pm EDT
More Photos

GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) -- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Tuesday he wants the NFL to return to the Los Angeles area -- with two teams.

After meeting with a group of NFL owners, Schwarzenegger said he was there to make sure "we're getting not only one NFL team to the Los Angeles area, Southern California, but to actually get two teams. That's why I came. Why limit it?"

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue and a committee of 11 owners met to hear proposals from Los Angeles and Anaheim. Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle were there to make separate presentations but joined the governor for a joint session.

"There is enough room and enough audience to have two teams," Schwarzenegger said. "We just have to all work together and make it happen."

Los Angeles, the nation's second-largest television market, has been without an NFL team since the Raiders and Rams both left after the 1994 season. When the NFL expanded in 2002, the new team went to Houston after Los Angeles leaders couldn't agree on a suitable site for the team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlajXWedr24qwsp.ueUzhENDubYF?slug=ap-nfl-losangeles&prov=ap&type=lgns

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
kg0586 said:
Damn Schwarzen****r, aren't there more important things to worry about?

Ah, that is important. This will create jobs and open up several new business in that area. Not to mention the possibility big events like the Super Bowl down the line.

I know it's the second biggest media market, but why in the heck do the NFL keep putting a team in a place that's NOT going to support it in the long run.:xeye:

Try one of the BURB's of LA.
That would be better.

staggalee83 said:
I know it's the second biggest media market, but why in the heck do the NFL keep putting a team in a place that's NOT going to support it in the long run.:xeye:

That would be better.

what he said

staggalee83 said:

That would be better.
You've just answered your own question...it's the second biggest media market.

Los Angeles might not deserve one franchise and I know it doesn't deserve two. They had the Raiders and Rams and both moved. Plus, talent is already being stretched to the max as is in the NFL.

I know some of you will disagree with me on this, but, in all honesty...the Saints should(need to) move to LA.

SAME OLD G said:
You've just answered your own question...it's the second biggest media market.
That keep's failing because the NFL FOOTBALL PASSION is not in the fabric of LA the CITY.

They are more interested in what STAR is doing what with who.
These people don't GAF about sports unless it becomes the "PLACE TO BE SEEN".

The burbs of LA would work......................they would still be in the 2nd largest media market.....................only with support for the team.

staggalee83 said:
That keep's failing because the NFL FOOTBALL PASSION is not in the fabric of LA the CITY.

The burbs of LA would work......................they would still be in the 2nd largest media market.....................only with support for the team.

Yes this is a trip. With it being the 2nd largest market it should have several teams there, however, LA is no longer a professional football site. I guess celebs just dont do football. They go to a much smaller settings than that. Think about it if football(pro) was important to them dont you think that not only the fans but celebritys would come out and support having a team there. It has been about 12 years IMHO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
For real about "LA FANS".

Take USC for instance.

Before they started that unstoppable run, they were a so-so team.
Nobody came to the games and the stadium looked like a morgue.

They started winning, the cameras showed up, and the spotlight crowd, CELEB's, started jamming the sidelines...................like they were fans all along.

The same with the LAKERS pre-SHAQ/KOBE...........mid '90's..
People actually started filling up the FORUM for the CLIPPERS instead of the LAKERS because that's where the cameras were at the time.

Jack Nickelson is the only true sports fan in LA.................:emlaugh:
He never changed...................LAKER FAN THROUGH GOOD and BAD:emlaugh:

staggalee83 said:

That would be better.
That's what I'm thinking too. LA don't support NFL like they do the NBA teams. It's too much going on in LA.

staggalee83 said:

Dude, football not being in LA right now has nothing to do with the fans. It is the reason why the Rams left, but it was not the reason why the Raiders left. The Raiders left because of broken promises made to Al Davis by the City of LA. There is a huge difference between the times from when the Rams played there and now. Now it is all about Media contracts. And that is huge chunk of change that the NFL is missing out on by not having a team there.

Like I said before, the NFL wants a team in LA because it is the #2 media market...period.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
staggalee83 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NO SUPPORT FOR THE TEAM!!
If you don't know what you are talking about just say so. What gives you the indication that there would be no support for the team?

Back