Ronnie Brewer to enter NBA Draft

uapbpower

After a dissapointing loss to Bucknell Brewer is considering turning pro and he will leave the Arkansas Razorbacks next season for the NBA. A press conference will be announced very soon.:)

Dude his sister was a standout in Oklahoma...and fine...ok..back to the thread...is he really that good? I only saw him play as a freshman.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
uapbpower said:
After a dissapointing loss to Bucknell Brewer is considering turning pro and he will leave the Arkansas Razorbacks next season for the NBA. A press conference will be announced very soon.:)

Is he the son of former Arkansas star and 3 Musketeer member Ron Brewer?

If he is, I remember his Dad Ron, Sidney Moncrief and Marvin Delph being a 3 headed monster at Arkansas hence the name the 3 Musketeers. They all could score.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Dude his sister was a standout in Oklahoma...and fine...ok..back to the thread...is he really that good? I only saw him play as a freshman.

Yes, he's that good. Got better hops than his dad.

pbla said:
He needs to wait. I really don't think he is ready. He's good but not that good.

The NBA drafts on potential and projections... he might not be quite ready, but if he's being told by reliable NBA sources that he is a lottery pick then the time to leave is NOW! With a guaranteed contract, (unless it has recently changed) he is set for 3 years!!!!

MikeBigg said:
The NBA drafts on potential and projections... he might not be quite ready, but if he's being told by reliable NBA sources that he is a lottery pick then the time to leave is NOW! With a guaranteed contract, (unless it has recently changed) he is set for 3 years!!!!

MB, if he's not drafted in the 1st round, his contract isn't guaranteed. He better take a look at what happened to Brandon Bass, and Lawrence Roberts before making that leap. SEC player's haven't fared too well in the draft as of late.

NICE

He can always test the waters in the predraft camps (without signing with an agent) and come back if he feels he needs to..... Just gotta be smart about it....

UAPB '97 said:
He can always test the waters in the predraft camps (without signing with an agent) and come back if he feels he needs to..... Just gotta be smart about it....

That's the key right here, I hope that the young man did not sign with an agent.

pbla said:
He needs to wait. I really don't think he is ready. He's good but not that good.
I agree. He needs more experience that he will gain by staying.
If he goes to a sorry team where he will get playing time (mature). He will be a factor in 1 or 2 years.

Ronnie Brewer can't hold up to Joe Johnson when he came out of school. I would not hire an agent but if you at 2007 draft you might want to come out now

uapbpower said:

It seems like a lot of people on the board don't realize that Ronnie Brewer led the SEC in scoring and steals this year at 18.5 pts a game. Not really outstanding but he can make it to the next level!

Seeing how bad this draft is going to suck this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he were a lottery pick.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
uapbpower said:
It seems like a lot of people on the board don't realize that Ronnie Brewer led the SEC in scoring and steals this year at 18.5 pts a game. Not really outstanding but he can make it to the next level!

Does this say how BAD the SEC is????? Just jokes the kid can play.

uapbpower said:

It takes more than that, again the last 2 SEC POY didnt' go until the 2nd round, and I don't even know if Lawrence Roberts is still in the league, and Brandon Bass can't get off the Hornets bench, if he's still allowed to dress.

From what I saw on Friday, Brewer has a lot of work to do. Bucknell took him out of the game completely, and if he couldn't get to the basket, he wasn't scoring. I haven't seen much of Arkansas this year, but from what I saw he doesn't have a half court game, and according to the announcer's he's a slasher. He'll have to put on some weight, because if that's his game, I don't know if his body can take that NBA pounding.

NICE

Back