Reggie Speaks

Herbert77060

Texas Southern University

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Is that a fair analysis of the situation?
From a perception standpoint - yes

Theus was good but it comes across like that now that reed had been on the offensive all over the place

Theus may be just like reed behind closed doors but average person wouldn't think that based on that interview - the man said he is at an hbcu cause of a calling 🤣

classic interview in black america lol

Reggie is the West Coast, pretty boy type speaking all articulate who plays by the rules

against

Ed, the typical dark-skinned Southern who can't control himself

It's hard NOT to give him the BOTD after how they handled BCU being hit by two hurricanes and the way they took care of the students being on the road for a month.

Lil Eddie (or the football players on social media crying about "the admin don't listen to us") never mentioned that part. Not saying that there aren't issues at BCU but the way Reggie came across you would at least entertain his side

From a perception standpoint - yes

Theus was good but it comes across like that now that reed had been on the offensive all over the place

Theus may be just like reed behind closed doors but average person wouldn't think that based on that interview - the man said he is at an hbcu cause of a calling 🤣
I can’t and won’t argue with your perception. For me, they are both Black men who reached the pinnacle of their sport. One seems to understand how to get things done in a corporate environment and the other seemingly had no clue. I have to say Theus looked the part. If you want in, you have to play by the rules. You can’t wear your emotions on your sleeves, and you definitely can’t mf your bosses.

I can’t and won’t argue with your perception. For me, they are both Black men who reached the pinnacle of their sport. One seems to understand how to get things done in a corporate environment and the other seemingly had no clue. I have to say Theus looked the part. If you want in, you have to play by the rules. You can’t wear your emotions on your sleeves, and you definitely can’t mf your bosses.
The part in bold BLACK.

https://thegrio.com/2023/01/25/maybe-ed-reed-didnt-want-to-coach-at-bethune-cookman/

As for Reed, he has never held a head coaching job on any level. Although he has served in an advisory role at his alma mater, the University of Miami, he has also never coached college football. While no one can dispute Reed’s reported due diligence before taking the job at the Daytona Beach, Fla., school, when one listens to his complaints about the dysfunction among the administration, the board of trustees, the athletic facilities, the lack of resources and even the school’s location, one can’t help but wonder:

Where the hell did he think he was going to work?

Had he done his research, Reed would have known that his place of employment has been dogged by mismanagement, infighting and outright corruption long before he joined B-CU. Interim President Lawrence M. Drake is the fifth person to lead the 119-year-old institution in the last 10 years, and B-CU has only recently retreated from the precipice of losing its accreditation.
A 2019 financial audit revealed that the university had suffered “recurring, significant operational losses, [was] operating under a probationary accreditation status, and its borrowing arrangements are subject to acceleration by the creditors due to a technical default, all of which “raise substantial doubt about [Bethune-Cookman’s] ability to continue as a going concern.” In my previous conversations with the officials from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), they cited the dysfunctional board of trustees as a major cause of the school’s problems. This is the same board that Reed assumed would rubber-stamp his employment contract.

But Ed Reed didn’t want to work at a functional, well-run university, because a functional, well-run university would never hire Ed Reed. This does not excuse the way Bethune-Cookman handled Reed’s hiring. But it is interesting to note that Reed is holding his potential employer to a standard of professionalism that he himself does not uphold.

Mr Reed did all of that the wrong way. Let me explain: get there, bring the dollars you can bring and then bring attention to people stealing the dollars on that board. Then, watch the dollars go back where they belong and let the students get angry at the board. The way he did it...he would've been mad had he learned that sports dollars go to the entire school at many universities. 😂 It looks like he would've bbeen Coach Ed "why my players gotta go to class and enroll?" Reed

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wowwwww! Hopefully all parties involved learned a valuable lesson.

I think the Ed Reed situation has pretty much put the "celebrity coaches at HBCUs" rhetoric on ice for a while. NFL vets for sure (Eddie Robinson, McDowell, etc. are NFL vets but not celebrities. Eddie George I guess could be a celebrity coach but he's not an all time great like Deion, Reed, etc.)

I figured he was going to be guy Polecat. I am assuming he is currently recruiting players. That is why you guys had 9 players sign on yesterday.

Back